Register now to remove this ad

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: clubhouse discord?

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    If he doesn't want to talk to them they should move on. There are plenty of players who like to be in front of the mic.
    Price called the media over. He was the one that made the big deal out of it. He was the one who got into a shouting match with the media in front of the team. He can't handle pressure. That's the bottom line. He can't handle Boston. He's not a big city person.

Just face the fact his pitching stinks, his ERA will be around in the high fours .
    He's not an ace with the Red Sox.
    He's not worth 31M.
    He's more worried what the media says instead of focusing one his pitching.
    He's torn the clubhouse apart.
    He doesn't like pitching here.
    The biggest thing the Yankees most of the time eat his lunch.

These are all facts. Not tough street talk. He will be up and down all year. Just never consistent.

Quote Originally Posted by Spudboy View Post
    Unless, of course, he get back to his pre-2016 self on the mound. Then Sox fans will be bag lapping him.
    Key word pre-2016. The way he's acting in the now of 2017 1/2 - it seems he wants 2 B tea bagged.lol

Quote Originally Posted by dustcover View Post
    It's been reported that Price got into a heated exchange with a member of the media in the clubhouse following Wednesday night's game at Yankee stadium. Apparently a very serious confrontation. Does anyone know who Price's antagonist was?
    Let's just say this.. Never let the facts get in the way of a good media story.

He's too concerned with what the media thinks. What he doesn't get is that if he pitches well, the sox media will not get off his nuts. The media here is incredibly front running. Nostalgia has almost no place in the boston media. If you are doing well, they're your best friend

Deity
    Think what you want about Price and his ability, he still is getting ripped apart by the proverbial Boston media and loyal fan base. Leave him alone. Buckley should never have gone near him. I'm so sick of this bullshit about not being able to play in Boston. Do you really have to be some kind of special athlete to be able to play here? You have to be extra tough right?

Quote Originally Posted by cp176 View Post
    Think what you want about Price and his ability, he still is getting ripped apart by the proverbial Boston media and loyal fan base. Leave him alone. Buckley should never have gone near him. I'm so sick of this bullshit about not being able to play in Boston. Do you really have to be some kind of special athlete to be able to play here? You have to be extra tough right?
    well, he is kind of proving our point...isn't he? and it's not just "boston" per se. it's pressure situations. you know...like the postseason. but Boston is a baseball town. so pressure is errryday. and he has shown over and over and over and over and over and over and over again that he's a wilter.
    other names i have posted under: none

Quote Originally Posted by TedWilliams101 View Post
    Price should have never accepted Boston's contract offer if he didn't think he could handle scrutiny, criticism, and meeting expectations.
    I'm assuming you are being facetious?
    he had $31MM x 7 reasons to accept DD...i mean....Boston's offer.
    not a chance he opts out. gonna sit back and collect that $1.2MM check every 2 weeks for the next 5.5 years.......

Frankly, I just became a huge David Price fan. The media needs to told to bleep off once in a while. They are piranhas. In my limited exposure to local media types here in small town Illinois, I have found most to be very arrogant and condescending in person. I can only imagine how much worse it is in large cities.

Most media would wilt in a nanosecond if they were subjected to what they put players (or anyone else) through.
    The Yankees could go 0-162 and it wouldn't be enough

Quote Originally Posted by Wade Boggs View Post
    Price called the media over. He was the one that made the big deal out of it. He was the one who got into a shouting match with the media in front of the team. He can't handle pressure. That's the bottom line. He can't handle Boston. He's not a big city person.

Just face the fact his pitching stinks, his ERA will be around in the high fours . Opinion
    He's not an ace with the Red Sox. Doesn't have to be. Sale has the role right now.
    He's not worth 31M. Opinion
    He's more worried what the media says instead of focusing one his pitching. Opinion
    He's torn the clubhouse apart. Opinion
    He doesn't like pitching here. Could be true, but conjecture on your part
    The biggest thing the Yankees most of the time eat his lunch. Can't argue with this one. But that goes well before his time in Boston

These are all facts. Not tough street talk. He will be up and down all year. Just never consistent.
    The Yankees could go 0-162 and it wouldn't be enough

Legend
    Evan Drellich is a chucklehead asks stupid questions. Like Sean McAdam better, he's a baseball guy.

Quote Originally Posted by illinoisredsox View Post
    Frankly, I just became a huge David Price fan. The media needs to told to bleep off once in a while. They are piranhas. In my limited exposure to local media types here in small town Illinois, I have found most to be very arrogant and condescending in person. I can only imagine how much worse it is in large cities.

Most media would wilt in a nanosecond if they were subjected to what they put players (or anyone else) through.
    hey IL. i know where your disdain for "MSM' comes from but if we are talking about David Price - it should be ZERO surprise to any baseball player that they will face intense scrutiny from Boston writers/media. it should be ZERO surprise for the highest paid pitcher on the Boston Red Sox to expect intense scrutiny from Boston writers/media. the boston writers/media are doing their job. their job is to sell newspapers and/or get clicks. and they are doing it well.
    if David Price was doing his job as well as they are then the Boston writers/media would be held in check.

All-Star
    Does someone have some examples of whatever unfair or over-the-top media reporting has Price so upset? I expect morons on Twitter and talk radio to act like morons, but has there been something specific other than that? Evan Drellich made some tweets during the game the other night before Price went off on him, but those seemed pretty neutral and factual to me and actually defended Price's right not to speak to the media if he doesn't want to.

This is not about clubhouse discord at all BTW. Price said in fact that the one place he's happy is with his teammates.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    This is not about clubhouse discord at all BTW. Price said in fact that the one place he's happy is with his teammates.
    oh boy. sounds like a head case to me.......
    sure his baby mama is happy to hear that.

All-Star
    I'm a lot more optimistic about Sale's chances of success in Boston because he seems to just do his thing and not give much of a fuck what anyone says or thinks. Price, on the other hand, while he seems like a good guy, lets every bit of external noise seep under his skin and fester there.

The best-case scenario for all involved would be for Price to pitch his ass off for the next 1-2/3 seasons and opt out at the end of 2018. He doesn't seem happy with the Boston media or fans, and if he sticks around into his later 30's, with the likelihood of performance declining and injuries mounting as he collects $30 million per year, it's only going to get uglier.