Register now to remove this ad

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: 6/15 at Philadelphia

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasonbay44 View Post
    Lets look at the positives. 3/4 isn't bad (even if it should've been 4/4).
    True but i am waiting for this team too take off and get on a roll and they do this? I was hoping to gain more ground on the Yankees. This was a terrible loss

The good thing is that DD has his case figured at 3B.
    Tiburones Rojos de Veracruz & Boston Red Sox

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    In the words of Don Corleone when he slaps a crying Johnny Fontaine: "Act like a man!" No, offense ladies.

Quote Originally Posted by d-money View Post
    True but i am waiting for this team too take off and get on a roll and they do this? I was hoping to gain more ground on the Yankees. This was a terrible loss
    They're 8 games over .500 and have 3rd best record in AL, this with numerous injuries and for a while were forfeiting a game every 5 days with Kendrick. We can't win em all.

Quote Originally Posted by StephenCurry30 View Post
    Pablo is a waste of human life. fucking fat ass overpaid, overweight piece of fucking shit.
    Are you attacking his character? LOL!
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Are you attacking his character? LOL!
    Yes. fuck him. he makes millions to play baseball and can't hire a fucking personal trainer? He is a piece of shit. hes a lazy bastard, ohhh noooo he cant control his urges to eat.. no one fucking cares. I wish mlb contracts were like nfl ones and not guaranteed. then again.. the giants had a "fat ass" clause in his contract telling him he couldn't exceed a certain weight, why didn't we do that? he has 3 fucking years to perform, but lets keep giving him chances!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! he deserves it!!!!!!!!

Yes. fuck him. he makes millions to play baseball and can't hire a fucking personal trainer? He is a piece of shit. hes a lazy bastard, ohhh noooo he cant control his urges to eat.. no one fucking cares. I wish mlb contracts were like nfl ones and not guaranteed. then again.. the giants had a "fat ass" clause in his contract telling him he couldn't exceed a certain weight, why didn't we do that? he has 3 fucking years to perform, but lets keep giving him chances!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! he deserves it!!!!!!!!
    Well, this is why Cherington is not longer here among other things jajaja

In the words of Don Corleone when he slaps a crying Johnny Fontaine: "Act like a man!" No, offense ladies.

Still can't believe we lost this one. One of the most frustrating games I can recall.

Because he's an expensive fat piece of shit and the cheap option got traded away to Milwaukee for a guy who hasnt pitched for us yet and won't all year.

Quote Originally Posted by S5Dewey View Post
    Think of the advantages... no obnoxious Southwest singing commercials, no "Go Red Sox" NESN commercials, and I don't listen to the Sunday Night announcers on ESPN.

Why haven't I done this before????
    I have tried such things in the past. I find the different time delays disconcerting.

But in this case you are probably much better off not having to listen to the garbage from ESPN or NESN.
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

Quote Originally Posted by S5Dewey View Post
    It's good to see Daniel Nava still playing, even if it's for a weak team.
    And his throw was perfect.
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

Well, all good GT runs must come to an end... I do believe I have successfully turned the tide on my mojo.
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    I can't disagree with you

Deity
    Yankees losing early. Could have gotten closer. This team has to find a way and win the games when sale pitches. We have some issues with out other pitchers right now.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    Well, all good GT runs must come to an end... I do believe I have successfully turned the tide on my mojo.
    You have definitely done that. UConn, not bad. Hope you like basketball which at UConn comes in both sizes.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by iortiz View Post
    Farrell has Hanley and leaves Sandoval there? Really?
    Hanley would have done no better at bat and probably a lot worse at 3B. I am no Pablo fan and probably would have gone with Marrero--who is back at Pawtucket--or the other guy. But I think Pablo is still in his tryout period, weird as that sounds (at it's really weird). Two years ago just about everybody was certain JBJ, while an excellent centerfielder, would never be able to hit MLB pitching. He played almost the entire 2014 season with the Sox and bombed. Then in August 2015 someone went on the DL or was traded, and the Sox brought JBJ back up for still one more looksee, and he hit the cover off the ball. Pablo is still overweight, but he is lighter, he is not old, and he played well with the Giants (who also didn't fight to keep him).

Deity
    To date the Sox have lost 29 games. Of those 29 losses, 20 have been in games when the Sox scored 3 or fewer runs and 15 were in games the Sox scored 2 or fewer runs.