Register now to remove this ad

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Impossible Dream: Red Sox Nation Begins

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by SoxHop View Post
    You all probably have seen clips of this. I haven't watching MLB.TV streaming....

Here is a bit of the documentary......

http://m.mlb.com/news/article/240986...n-network-doc/

Funny......... I do remember number 8 up at bat now that I saw that clip...... that seriously brings back some memories...
    Thank you for posting that link.

I was on the opposite side as a hardcore Minnesota Twins fan one week shy of my 12th birthday. The Twins had entered the two-game, season-ending series at Fenway Park one game up on the Red Sox.

Carl Yastrzemski and Harmon Killebrew started the weekend tied with the American League home run lead with 43 apiece but Yaz was awarded the Triple Crown after each homered once, both in Saturday's game.

A month earlier I had witnessed a wild Twins game in Bloomington, Minnesota, against the defending World Series champion Baltimore Orioles:

http://www.baseball-reference.com/bo...96708310.shtml
    Last edited by harmony; 07-10-2017 at 11:54 PM.

Just watched it. Enough to bring a tear to the eye.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    Just watched it. Enough to bring a tear to the eye.
    Really good nostalgia.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Quote Originally Posted by S5Dewey View Post
    I'm DVR'ing it from DirecTV. If someone knows how to get it off my DVR and onto something else that that will allow me to send it to Dustcover I'm willing to listen.
    Dewey.

I'm pretty sure the answer would be no to this as you would already know how to do it. But you don't happen to have a DVD that records? Or anyone else on the matter that has saved the show to DVR.

Let's start here.

I'm still checking torrent sites.....
    In the town where I was born
    Lived a man who sailed to sea
    And he told us of his life
    In the land of submarines
    So we sailed up to the sun
    'Til we found a sea of green
    And we lived beneath the waves
    In our yellow submarine

Deity
    Just watched that little clip again. So many memories. I really had forgotten how fit and strong Yastrezemski had made himself. I also have just seen some highlights of Conigliaro's season before the beaning. If there has been a better young power hitting prospect in Fenway, i'm just not sure who it would have been. He had everything!!! a great tragedy. I was listening to it on the radio.

Quote Originally Posted by cp176 View Post
    Just watched that little clip again. So many memories. I really had forgotten how fit and strong Yastrezemski had made himself. I also have just seen some highlights of Conigliaro's season before the beaning. If there has been a better young power hitting prospect in Fenway, i'm just not sure who it would have been. He had everything!!! a great tragedy. I was listening to it on the radio.
    Me too. This was back when Japanese stuff was widely viewed as junk. My Aunt gave me a 9volt Panasonic Transistor AM radio. I lay in bed that night listening to the game on the earphone so as to not alert my parents that I was still awake!

Then in the morning I saw the photos of Tony C in the Globe and was even more horrified.

This was my first season following baseball at 11 years old.
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

You all are going have to sell me why 67 was better than 2004.

How the hell do you get any better than 2004??

I like you old timers... But come on
    Hey, for me, it was 1975. I still love that team and Luis Tiant is still my all-time favorite Red Sox player.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudboy View Post
    Me too. This was back when Japanese stuff was widely viewed as junk. My Aunt gave me a 9volt Panasonic Transistor AM radio. I lay in bed that night listening to the game on the earphone so as to not alert my parents that I was still awake!

Then in the morning I saw the photos of Tony C in the Globe and was even more horrified.

This was my first season following baseball at 11 years old.
    When I was 11 (1962), playing, listening to, reading about, watching, and playing some more - baseball - that was it for me. It was really the only thing that I wanted to do. By the time '67 rolled around, sadly(wink wink) I had discovered the opposite sex and fortunately for me they had discovered me. I hung in there pretty well for that '67 season but after that, somewhat of a sporadic fan I became. That summer they did have some competition - not to mention some great stuff from the Beatles. It was a beginning and maybe even an end for me. Prior to 67, I didn't even think about where they were in the standings. It literally was all about next year. I just loved everything about the game. 67 represented a big change for me. Other things gained in importance and I started to sense that I wasn't going to get the call from the Sox anytime soon. that year and that particular season will forever represent special things for me. Some good - some bad. I have said this once or twice before but it is always nice to say it again. In all of my time, I have seen no player for the Red Sox have such an influence on a team as Yaz did in that year. It was a simpler time for me. No playoffs - you win your league on you go - you lose and home you go. Williams was the greatest hitter I ever saw but Captain Carl's 67 season has never been matched. The franchise changed in that season.

Legend
    Dewey.

I'm pretty sure the answer would be no to this as you would already know how to do it. But you don't happen to have a DVD that records? Or anyone else on the matter that has saved the show to DVR.

Let's start here.

I'm still checking torrent sites.....
    It is possible, but unlikely because MLB no doubt has protected its material with copyright software. If you want to try it, here is an article on how to proceed. Its not going to be easy.

https://www.lifewire.com/recording-f...te-dvr-1846583

Darling somehow came off as the most genuine of the "fans" who were interviewed. Yaz is up, his mom would yell and everyone ran to the radio. Petrocelli's accounts were great, and Jim Lonborg, what a helluva pitcher and great guy.

Quote Originally Posted by dannycater View Post
    Darling somehow came off as the most genuine of the "fans" who were interviewed. Yaz is up, his mom would yell and everyone ran to the radio. Petrocelli's accounts were great, and Jim Lonborg, what a helluva pitcher and great guy.
    Barnacle plagiarized his script.

Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

"Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Barnacle plagiarized his script.
    Lol.

He is a fucking puke.
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

Bob Ryan was so excited to talk about 1967 that he didn't let Shaughnessy get in a word. LOL!!

Quote Originally Posted by FredLynn View Post
    It is possible, but unlikely because MLB no doubt has protected its material with copyright software. If you want to try it, here is an article on how to proceed. Its not going to be easy.

https://www.lifewire.com/recording-f...te-dvr-1846583
    Yea. I figured that would be the case. But it would be the easiest route to do and check.

I'm hoping someone makes a torrent out of it.....
    In the town where I was born
    Lived a man who sailed to sea
    And he told us of his life
    In the land of submarines
    So we sailed up to the sun
    'Til we found a sea of green
    And we lived beneath the waves
    In our yellow submarine

The comments by Yaz were excellent too. Yaz comes across as pure honesty. He doesn't sugar-coat anything. He freely admitted that when Tony C. went down he thought that was the end of their chances.