Register now to remove this ad

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: 7/9 @ Rays

I don't really think Lin has "proven" anything.

My main line-up issue is not about where Lin hits. Betts leading off is a concern, but to me, the biggest issue is Moreland staying in the 4 slot.

He's done a great job for us over the first 2 months, but he was never meant to bat 4th. Now that JBJ, Beni and HRam are doing better, I feel it's time to move Moreland down to 6th or 7th. Even 5th is better than 4th. He's playing hurt. I'm not "dissing" him, but others are hitting better than him now, and others have longer histories of success.

If we keep Betts 1st, I'd go with...

1) Betts
    2) Pedey
    3) Bogey
    4) JBJ
    5) HRam
    6) Beni-Young
    7) Moreland/Travis
    8) Lin-Marrero
    9) Vaz-Leon

Quote Originally Posted by Jasonbay44 View Post
    Travis Shaw with another and 4 more RBI today.. At least he's doing it against the Yankees..
    DD didn't sell high on Shaw. He traded him as his trajectory was still on the upswing.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    I don't really think Lin has "proven" anything.

My main line-up issue is not about where Lin hits. Betts leading off is a concern, but to me, the biggest issue is Moreland staying in the 4 slot.

He's done a great job for us over the first 2 months, but he was never meant to bat 4th. Now that JBJ, Beni and HRam are doing better, I feel it's time to move Moreland down to 6th or 7th. Even 5th is better than 4th. He's playing hurt. I'm not "dissing" him, but others are hitting better than him now, and others have longer histories of success.

If we keep Betts 1st, I'd go with...

1) Betts
    2) Pedey
    3) Bogey
    4) JBJ
    5) HRam
    6) Beni-Young
    7) Moreland/Travis
    8) Lin-Marrero
    9) Vaz-Leon
    It does make sense to move JBJ to the 4 slot now.

DD didn't sell high on Shaw. He traded him as his trajectory was still on the upswing.
    Shaw was basically written down because of his bad second half and his minor league numbers.

All-Star
    Very, very, VERY seldom does a player with minimal pro experience, come out of QQ ball and (with over 50 at-bats) hit like this kid. At this stage of his career, he projects, in my mind, to about the same level as Mookie.Think back to what we saw with a much more experienced player (Moncada). Ever see a biiger difference? I think Marrero should play some of the games at 3B. Against some lefties, that is. But on a regular basis, the Sox have fallen into a regular, long term, 3rd baseman.

I agree re/Mookie. He is trying to be the prototypical lead off hitter, abd on matter what at bat is taking too many "strike-ones". Once he gets out of the habit of swinging his bat around like it's flag day, he can be spotted anywhere.

Bogaerts no more belongs in the 4 spot than I do!

Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    Shaw was basically written down because of his bad second half and his minor league numbers.
    Well DD was brutally wrong on that one.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

What's it been like a month since the last game........... let's get this season going..... I'm going through withdrawal .....

we are a second half team......
    In the town where I was born
    Lived a man who sailed to sea
    And he told us of his life
    In the land of submarines
    So we sailed up to the sun
    'Til we found a sea of green
    And we lived beneath the waves
    In our yellow submarine

Well DD was brutally wrong on that one.
    65137117.jpg