Register now to remove this ad

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617
Results 241 to 250 of 250

Thread: Pablo is no more

  1. #241
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    I was just reading how Pablo hit a walk off home run in the Giants last regular season game yesterday. The problem is, that win cost the Giants the first overall draft pick. LOL

    Poor guy can't catch a break.
    You can't make this stuff up!

    Detroit should send him a gift basket and a box of chocolates.

  2. #242
    Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    He's done. He can't hit enough to start for anyone and he can't field well enough to come off the bench.
    He is a fucking piece of shit.

    He bad mouthed SF on the way out and then bad mouthed Boston when he got booted out of here.

    He got caught beating off and sexting to some pro slut during a game here.

    He was morbidly obese all three years in Boston.

    He did absolutely nothing while here and has a $50. mil golden parachute.

    He is indefensible.
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.


    "It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

  3. #243
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudboy View Post
    He is a fucking piece of shit.

    He bad mouthed SF on the way out and then bad mouthed Boston when he got booted out of here.

    He got caught beating off and sexting to some pro slut during a game here.

    He was morbidly obese all three years in Boston.

    He did absolutely nothing while here and has a $50. mil golden parachute.

    He is indefensible.
    You make a compelling case. I do not wish him ill, but I don't wish him well either. In life, character is usually fate, and yes, I am finally attacking his character, which I didn't do until he took the money and ran -- not accepting the assignment to AAA.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    This is true. Baseball is such a random sport.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dojji View Post
    [T]he conclusion to be drawn is that there is no practical value in seeking this ideal lineup, and in that case any way in which it might be meaningfully termed "best" is irrelevant, academic at best, pedantic at worst

  4. #244
    Accepting the assignment to AAA would have done his career no good, would have hampered the RS organization by taking a spot away from someone they might need. No one would have benefited from it. So what purpose would this have served?

  5. #245
    Quote Originally Posted by jad View Post
    Accepting the assignment to AAA would have done his career no good, would have hampered the RS organization by taking a spot away from someone they might need. No one would have benefited from it. So what purpose would this have served?
    If the Red Sox did not think that it would have benefited them if he had accepted an assignment to AAA, they would have just released him
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    This is true. Baseball is such a random sport.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dojji View Post
    [T]he conclusion to be drawn is that there is no practical value in seeking this ideal lineup, and in that case any way in which it might be meaningfully termed "best" is irrelevant, academic at best, pedantic at worst

  6. #246
    Either way, I'm glad he refused.

    I'll think about him less by not seeing his name on our rosters and box scores.

  7. #247
    I guarantee someone will take a chance on Pablo next season.

    GM's alway think they can catch lightening in a bottle.

  8. #248
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Cook View Post
    I guarantee someone will take a chance on Pablo next season.

    GM's alway think they can catch lightening in a bottle.
    With Pablo, they will get a Twinkie in a bottle.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    This is true. Baseball is such a random sport.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dojji View Post
    [T]he conclusion to be drawn is that there is no practical value in seeking this ideal lineup, and in that case any way in which it might be meaningfully termed "best" is irrelevant, academic at best, pedantic at worst

  9. #249
    They would be lucky to not get struck by lightning.

  10. #250
    Well it is almost all on the Sox dime so whey not give that fat fuck a shot?

    I am confident that the piece of shit is washed up and I look forward to his next DFA or two.
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.


    "It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •