Register now to remove this ad

Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13212223

Thread: Front office Decisions

Plan A, the one and really only offseason priority is for desperate dave to go balls out for Ohtani. If he has had to pimp out verlander's squeeze to get this done, then get the pimping done! If he has to donate a kidney or give a quart of blood to an ohtani family member, then do it.

Plan b, if dave bungles plan a, is to sign Cobb. I really think he is on the verge of a break out campaign, especially if he gets out of Tampa.

Plan c, sign/trade for a replacement for Moreland, use porcello and Hanley as trade bait!

Plan d, sign/trade for a replacement for young.

Ohtani, sale, Pomeranz, price, Rodriguez. With Wright, Johnson and Velazquez in Pawtucket! Wow, rotation set!

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Cook View Post
    Plan A, the one and really only offseason priority is for desperate dave to go balls out for Ohtani. If he has had to pimp out verlander's squeeze to get this done, then get the pimping done! If he has to donate a kidney or give a quart of blood to an ohtani family member, then do it.

Plan b, if dave bungles plan a, is to sign Cobb. I really think he is on the verge of a break out campaign, especially if he gets out of Tampa.

Plan c, sign/trade for a replacement for Moreland, use porcello and Hanley as trade bait!

Plan d, sign/trade for a replacement for young.

Ohtani, sale, Pomeranz, price, Rodriguez. With Wright, Johnson and Velazquez in Pawtucket! Wow, rotation set!
    Porcello and HRam as "bait?"

Deity
    I'd just assume pass on Ohtani and go after Cobb. Ohtani is about as unknown as it gets, and success in Japan has shown to not always translate into success in the USA (and vice versa). Cobb is a known AL East commodity who will be a big enough financial drain on resources...

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    I'd just assume pass on Ohtani and go after Cobb. Ohtani is about as unknown as it gets, and success in Japan has shown to not always translate into success in the USA (and vice versa). Cobb is a known AL East commodity who will be a big enough financial drain on resources...
    We could do both.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Cook View Post

Plan c, sign/trade for a replacement for Moreland, use porcello and Hanley as trade bait
    Whoa. Slow down.

No need to package all those attractive trade chips at once.

Haven't heard any talk on Justin Upton (as a DH).

How about Porcello (2 years left) for 35 year old AGon ($21.5M/1 yr)?

That would free up some money for Cobb.

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    Ohtani is thought of as a superstar in Japan. I would love to get him. He wants to pitch and also play in the field and get real PAs. My guess is that he would help the club. Cobb is a really good pitcher and would also help the club. We still need a power hitting 1st baseman in lieu of Moreland. Getting Nunez back is a priority. Our utility players can come from several that are there now as we cut ties with Young and Davis and possibly Holt.

We have a very nice pitching staff. Porcello had an off year but still can eat innings and shouldn't be dismissed so easily. Right now he is probably worn down. Fister showed promise but might not be in the plans going forward. Wright is still out there as well. With Sale, Pomeranz, E-Rod and Price we are the envy of the league. Also very solid in the BP.