Register now to remove this ad

Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122
Results 316 to 329 of 329

Thread: Front office Decisions

  1. #316
    Quote Originally Posted by oldtimer View Post
    My Christmas wish llist to Santa includes 3 things:

    1. A copy of a contract signed by Nunez and the Sox for 2018 through 2020.
    2. A copy of Chili Davis's walking papers
    3. A contract with one power hitting 1st baseman.

    Note that other peoples wish list will probably include others but these are my top three.
    Nothing wrong with that list.

  2. #317
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    Nothing wrong with that list.
    Except that there are really no great dependable power hitting 1Bman fee agents.

  3. #318
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    Except that there are really no great dependable power hitting 1Bman fee agents.
    Mark Reynolds can be depended on for power. He can't be depended on for much else, however...

  4. #319
    How does Carlos Santana for first base sound? Some power, plus good on base percentage.

  5. #320
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Cook View Post
    How does Carlos Santana for first base sound? Some power, plus good on base percentage.
    He'd probably be terrific at the beginning of the deal. But at 32, if he wants 5 years, he isn't likely to age well and will be an albatross by 35...

  6. #321
    Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    Mark Reynolds can be depended on for power. He can't be depended on for much else, however...
    Yeah, I meant more than just power, but the power was the "must".

  7. #322
    Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    He'd probably be terrific at the beginning of the deal. But at 32, if he wants 5 years, he isn't likely to age well and will be an albatross by 35...
    1st question, notin:

    If you only could get one of these guys for 2018-2019 (forget the beyond), who would it be?

    Hosmer
    Santana
    JD Martinez (at 1B? or DH?)
    Duda
    Morrison
    Alonso
    Moreland

    2nd question:

    Is trading for Votto or Stanton a realistic option and what would a reasonable package look like?

    HRam or Porcello (as salary offset?)
    Bogey (we then maybe sign Cozart?)
    Groome or Mata
    Chavis or Ockimey





  8. #323
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    Yeah, I meant more than just power, but the power was the "must".
    Always the trade route, which is something Dombrowski has shown he certainly likes to do.

    E-Rod to the Giants for Brandon Belt, who is in the top eight among 1B over the last 3 years in OBP, wOBA, wRC and fWAR. He's 14th in SLG, but SF's home park is not built for lefties.

    Then spend your cash on Alex Cobb...

  9. #324
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    1st question, notin:

    If you only could get one of these guys for 2018-2019 (forget the beyond), who would it be?

    Hosmer
    Santana
    JD Martinez (at 1B? or DH?)
    Duda
    Morrison
    Alonso
    Moreland

    2nd question:

    Is trading for Votto or Stanton a realistic option and what would a reasonable package look like?

    HRam or Porcello (as salary offset?)
    Bogey (we then maybe sign Cozart?)
    Groome or Mata
    Chavis or Ockimey




    1. JD Martinez. I liked him back when he was in Houston and was shocked they released him.

    2. No. Votto is the Reds most marketable player (they do have to sell tickets) and Stanton isn't likely to go anywhere cheap, regardless of that frightening contract...

  10. #325
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    Jd, jd!
    Such a popular name with Sox fans. ..

  11. #326
    I deleted that post because I couldn't get JD to come out in all caps LOL

  12. #327
    Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    Always the trade route, which is something Dombrowski has shown he certainly likes to do.

    E-Rod to the Giants for Brandon Belt, who is in the top eight among 1B over the last 3 years in OBP, wOBA, wRC and fWAR. He's 14th in SLG, but SF's home park is not built for lefties.

    Then spend your cash on Alex Cobb...
    Not a bad idea, but how does Belt solve our clean-up hitter void? He does not have more power than HRam or Moreland and has just a slightly better OPS.

  13. #328
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    I deleted that post because I couldn't get JD to come out in all caps LOL
    LOL That sounds like something I would do. I don't like how this site de-capitalizes some words when they're quoted in posts.

  14. #329
    Quote Originally Posted by oldtimer View Post
    My Christmas wish llist to Santa includes 3 things:

    1. A copy of a contract signed by Nunez and the Sox for 2018 through 2020.
    2. A copy of Chili Davis's walking papers
    3. A contract with one power hitting 1st baseman.

    Note that other peoples wish list will probably include others but these are my top three.
    My wish list includes a #2/3 starter. That would be my top wish.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •