Register now to remove this ad

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Yankees deal for Gray

Quote Originally Posted by BstHcpr View Post
    Stop adding Holt to trade proposals.
    Yeah I don't get that idea either.

He must have very little value until he shows that he can play well enough every day.
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

We dealt from a surplus, opened up our 40 man and didn't affect the top of the depth chart of our farm at all.

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    We dealt from a surplus, opened up our 40 man and didn't affect the top of the depth chart of our farm at all.
    It was a brilliant trade.

You don't get chances like this too often.

Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    It was a brilliant trade.

You don't get chances like this too often.
    I agree, used to think Cashman was a mediocre GM, but the last two deadlines has me thinking about it; it looks like it was the ownership holding him back

Quote Originally Posted by Carpin View Post
    I agree, used to think Cashman was a mediocre GM, but the last two deadlines has me thinking about it; it looks like it was the ownership holding him back
    . Yep

By the way, Florial was just called up to High-A Tampa, a step away from AA

I would rather have Groome, Mata, and Chavis than Fowler, Mateo, and Kaprielian.

But Dombrowski was never going to offer that for Gray.

Yeah, you're alone in that theory

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    Yeah, you're alone in that theory
    Those three have no injury doubts.

I think that offer is better than the Yank's offer, but I do admit the Yankee might be better, if all those guys come back 100%.

Grooms has injury, character and performance concerns and he's in A ball sucking ass.

Mata is in Low A ball

Chavis is a real prospect with close proximity.

Fowler made his big league debut. Kaprielian likely debuts in Double A next year. Mateo will likely end the year in AAA.