Register now to remove this ad

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: 8/12 @ nyy

Quote Originally Posted by Spudboy View Post
    I am right here. I have already stated that I like what Pom has been doing.

Now I have moved on to ERod.
    I'm just messing with you. But I think poor Pom Pom got a raw deal from ya Spud.
    We miss you Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by User Name? View Post
    I'm just messing with you. But I think poor Pom Pom got a raw deal from ya Spud.
    Possibly. I think my points about him have proven to be valid over his brief career in Boston.

He is getting it done for now so everyone is happy.

He needs a 4th pitch and he has showed that he can toss a decent cutter.

He has never pitched 30 starts or 200 innings in one season.

Let's see how he holds up and what he can offer in the playoffs if the Sox make it that far.
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

All-Star
    I think this Red Sox team is the best "balanced" team I can remember. The Cronin-Foxx-

Williams era(s) were loaded wuth power, obviously, but Cronin and Foxx, in particular, had very little range in the field. This team (7 of 9) can run, they all have enough powere, and more than enough speed. Right now the starting pitcing looks as good as it ever did!