Register now to remove this ad

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Stanton - U- B-Sox-GM

The reason Miami would trade Stanton is to massively cut their budget and set themselves up with 4-5 highly promising or proven players to go forward with.

They may pay a tiny bit of the deal, if it meant getting much better players than if they did not, but I doubt they take any significant salary in return, unless it is cost-effective player.

No Price.

No Castillo.

No HRam.

Certainly not 2 or 3 of them.

Now, maybe with the Cuban population, we can get them to take Castillo, but he's no help off our luxury tax budget, and if we did include him, we'd probably have to add another top prospect or go from something like Beeks to Groome as one of the prospects included.

Quote Originally Posted by dustcover View Post
    ------------------2018-------------2019------------2020-------------2021----------2022

Hanley--------22,750,000-----22,000,000

Price----------30,000,000-----31,000,000----32,000,000-----32,000,000----32,000,000

Castillo--------11,771,428----11,771,428-----14,271,428

Total----------64,521,428----64,771,428------46,271,428----32,000,000----32,000,000

Hanley, Price, Castillo 5-year total 239,564,284

Stanton 5-year total 147,500,000

Stanton 2023-2027 (5 x $29,500,000) 147,500,000

Over the next ten years deducting Hanley, Price, and Castillo’s salaries from the $295M owed Stanton leaves a difference of $55,435,716 which averages out to costing the Sox an additional $5.5M per season for the next 10 seasons for Stanton over what is owed Hanley, Price, and Castillo.
    What piece of blackmail does the Red Sox FO have on Jeter to get him to make this deal?

Stay with me for one more crazy thought. How long do you think it would take for Stanton to convert his skill set to 1B and assume Hanley's role as DH and part time 1B?

Now consider the Sox down the stretch and throughout the playoffs sans Price, and Stanton in the lineup instead of Hanley.

Nunez
    Betts
    Benintendi
    Stanton
    Devers
    Bogaerts
    Moreland
    Leon/Vasquez
    Bradley

Stay with me for one more crazy thought. How long do you think it would take for Stanton to convert his skill set to 1B and assume Hanley's role as DH and part time 1B?

Now consider the Sox down the stretch and throughout the playoffs sans Price, and Stanton in the lineup instead of Hanley.

Nunez
    Betts
    Benintendi
    Stanton
    Devers
    Bogaerts
    Moreland
    Leon/Vasquez
    Bradley
    Stanton's transition to 1B ends as soon as you hear the laughter on the other end of the line when you propose that trade.

At least you admit it was a "crazy thought."

Deity
    if Stanton was to come to Boston, do you think that Jeter would ever be allowed to even enter the state of New York? Don't see it happening.

Quote Originally Posted by cp176 View Post
    if Stanton was to come to Boston, do you think that Jeter would ever be allowed to even enter the state of New York? Don't see it happening.
    He's not a majority owner.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by BstHcpr View Post
    He's not a majority owner.
    I would think not. They might listen to him though. I agree that it is good to dream.

Crunch the numbers, and then get back to me on what you believe makes this the worst trade proposal in history.
    The trick is you have to come up with a proposal that would make some sense for Miami. They would be especially interested in Benintendi, Devers, and Groome.

Stanton's contract got through waivers and with new ownership coming on, he's not getting dealt.

All-Star
    I don't believe any trade is happening, but if we're involved, I would think that Beni and a top prospect would be the cost. Stanton would be in the outfield.. not a first base.

I'm opposed to it.

Deity
    The Marlins don't want all the Sox contracts you don't like for Stanton. The one they might not mind is actually Castillo, because Cubans do have a certain marketing appeal in Miami.

But the rest of that trade would have to involve giving up players you prefer to keep. Think of giving up three from Devers, Benintendi Groome, and Chavis. Otherwise if the Marlins are going to be spending all that money, they would just assume spend it on Stanton.

If you wete GM of the Marlins, would you trade the best hitter in franchise history for Price, Hanley (who wore out his welcome in that city once already) and others? If you would make that deal, any chance the Marlins will hire you in the next 3 days?

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by cp176 View Post
    Jeter owns the Marlins, not the Yankees. He will make decisions based on what is best for his current team and won't care about his former one.

And be realistic. Jeter could urinate all over a statue of Babe Ruth and broadcast it on the YES network and Yankee fans would still love him...

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by BstHcpr View Post
    Stanton's transition to 1B ends as soon as you hear the laughter on the other end of the line when you propose that trade.
    While true about the deal, Stanton really need not do much to transition to 1b. He played the position in the minors before being switched to OF.

i would 100% trade for Stanton.
    Erod + X-bo + any 2 minor league players they want not named Groome.

he got hit in the face with a FB. i wouldnt call that "injury prone".
    other names i have posted under: none