Register now to remove this ad

Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 917181920 LastLast
Results 271 to 285 of 291

Thread: Stanton - U- B-Sox-GM

  1. #271
    That means Rodriguez, groome, matta to start with.

    Maybe. Maybe not.

    Maybe Bogey, Chavis & Beeks.

    Maybe Chavis, Flores,Shawaryn & Beeks

  2. #272
    Forget Stanton, I want Altuve.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

    Fui sobre agua edificada, mis muros de fuego son

    Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

  3. #273
    Stanton may be had, but you'll have to eat the entire contract and give up some talent. If you take on Stanton, you can kiss Sale and Kimbrel goodbye when they hit FA
    How many more years left in ARod's contract?

  4. #274
    Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    Stanton may be had, but you'll have to eat the entire contract and give up some talent. If you take on Stanton, you can kiss Sale and Kimbrel goodbye when they hit FA
    I think the best approach is to wait til he opts out, but I don't know if we have the flexibility to sign him. I'm not into taking on the contract as it stands AND giving up talent. This postseason disaster has shown we need to keep as much talent as we can.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

    Fui sobre agua edificada, mis muros de fuego son

    Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

  5. #275
    There is ZERO chance he opts out. 10 years $295 mil is a GIGANTIC contract.
    How many more years left in ARod's contract?

  6. #276
    I don't see how the Red Sox can acquire Stanton--Dombrowski already traded away too many of their promising prospects. The Marlins aren't going to want Bogaerts--he is too close to free agency and is coming off a down season.
    Last edited by Fan_since_Boggs; 10-06-2017 at 06:46 PM.

  7. #277
    Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    Stanton may be had, but you'll have to eat the entire contract and give up some talent. If you take on Stanton, you can kiss Sale and Kimbrel goodbye when they hit FA
    Letting Kimbrel and Sale leave via free agency might be the best decision anyway. The bigger problem is putting a package together that would interest the Marlins. Dombrowski has pretty much gutted the farm system.

  8. #278
    Quote Originally Posted by Fan_since_Boggs View Post
    Letting Kimbrel and Sale leave via free agency might be the best decision anyway. The bigger problem is putting a package together that would interest the Marlins. Dombrowski has pretty much gutted the farm system.
    You don't let a guy like Sale walk without getting something for him at the final deadline.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

    Fui sobre agua edificada, mis muros de fuego son

    Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

  9. #279
    Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    There is ZERO chance he opts out. 10 years $295 mil is a GIGANTIC contract.
    I know I wouldn't, but stranger things have happened. What I am really hoping for is he is still with the Marlins when he doesn't opt out, and screws them. Of course, Loria will be long gone by then.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

    Fui sobre agua edificada, mis muros de fuego son

    Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

  10. #280
    Quote Originally Posted by Fan_since_Boggs View Post
    I don't see how the Red Sox can acquire Stanton--Dombrowski already traded away too many of their promising prospects. The Marlins aren't going to want Bogaerts--he is too close to free agency and is coming off a down season.
    The "down year" will lessen the arb costs, and they can trade Bogey later for something very useful.

  11. #281
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    The "down year" will lessen the arb costs, and they can trade Bogey later for something very useful.
    The Houston series is making it abundantly clear that the Sox are not competitive with the best teams. Our offense looks very weak and our pitching, one of our expected strengths, is not performing in general. Getting swept two years in a row is humiliating and begs the question are we willing to do the things needed to upgrade the club. By that, I mean management and coaching changes and cutting loose underperforming players? Those discussions will likely start soon.

  12. #282
    The Houston series shows me that we are not healthy and beat up beyond belief.

  13. #283
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Star View Post
    Forget Stanton, I want Altuve.
    Altuve has two dirt cheap options left. He is staying in Houston for at least two more years. There is no combination of players the Sox could offer to get him...

  14. #284
    Quote Originally Posted by oldtimer View Post
    The Houston series is making it abundantly clear that the Sox are not competitive with the best teams. Our offense looks very weak and our pitching, one of our expected strengths, is not performing in general. Getting swept two years in a row is humiliating and begs the question are we willing to do the things needed to upgrade the club. By that, I mean management and coaching changes and cutting loose underperforming players? Those discussions will likely start soon.
    Right.

    Time to throw out those pesky 162 game samples and base everything off 5 games in the past two years!!!

  15. #285
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    The "down year" will lessen the arb costs, and they can trade Bogey later for something very useful.
    Bogaerts might not be enough for Stanton, but he might be enough for Jose Abreu...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •