Register now to remove this ad

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Stanton - U- B-Sox-GM

I would wait until he opts out and sign him as a FA.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    i dont think he will opt out. his contract is backloaded $$$$ bigly.
    other names i have posted under: none

Legend
    This ^

I can't justify both the cost in talent and the financial cost. I think that we could use another big bat. I do not believe with the kind of dead money already weighing this franchise down that now is the time to make a move for one. We need to let the old mistakes pass through the system before we make new ones.
    If history tells us anything, the path to redeption for any bad baseball team is marked with a deep rotation of durable starters, a world class defense in both infield and outfield, a lineup that can generate runs in more than one way, a bullpen that won't steal defeat from the jaws of victory, and a top end catcher to hold the whole package together. These are the conditions by which victory is achieved, anything that does not accomplish these objectives is a waste of resources.

Legend
    This again ^ Its the kids and Trades that's made a difference to help this team not the FA's. Hanley and Price? 50+ million sunk in 2 guys, you think they are worth it?

Quote Originally Posted by Slasher9 View Post
    i would 100% trade for Stanton.
    Erod + X-bo + any 2 minor league players they want not named Groome.

he got hit in the face with a FB. i wouldnt call that "injury prone".
    They will want an OF in this trade, probably Benintendi,

Erod + X-bo + Beni + Prospect mighjt have the Miami listening to the proposal

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    The Marlins don't want all the Sox contracts you don't like for Stanton. The one they might not mind is actually Castillo, because Cubans do have a certain marketing appeal in Miami.

But the rest of that trade would have to involve giving up players you prefer to keep. Think of giving up three from Devers, Benintendi Groome, and Chavis. Otherwise if the Marlins are going to be spending all that money, they would just assume spend it on Stanton.

If you wete GM of the Marlins, would you trade the best hitter in franchise history for Price, Hanley (who wore out his welcome in that city once already) and others? If you would make that deal, any chance the Marlins will hire you in the next 3 days?
    It's not just giving up those players either. It's also taking on that massive contract of his. If anyone were willing to do that, they'd have made a claim.

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    Jeter owns the Marlins, not the Yankees. He will make decisions based on what is best for his current team and won't care about his former one.

And be realistic. Jeter could urinate all over a statue of Babe Ruth and broadcast it on the YES network and Yankee fans would still love him...
    Must be because of all those Gold Gloves he won.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    I don't think he will opt out, but that would be the way to go if the team really wants him. At least that way, all it's costing them is money.

Quote Originally Posted by OH FOY! View Post
    This again ^ Its the kids and Trades that's made a difference to help this team not the FA's. Hanley and Price? 50+ million sunk in 2 guys, you think they are worth it?
    Farm system, farm system, farm system.

It costs prospects to get players like Stanton. Not shitty/injured players who make absurd amounts of money. They'd definitely want one of our starting OFs, prospects (possibly Devers) and more. Stanton is a stud and isn't gonna be given away for guy we don't want. Maybe if this was MLB the show with force trades on we could acquire Stanton for Price/Hanley/Castillo

I love it when a fan (or anyone) argues about the 'rational way' for their opponents to proceed. The thing about your enemies? they don't think the way you do. That's why they are opponents or enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Jasonbay44 View Post
    It costs prospects to get players like Stanton. Not shitty/injured players who make absurd amounts of money. They'd definitely want one of our starting OFs, prospects (possibly Devers) and more. Stanton is a stud and isn't gonna be given away for guy we don't want. Maybe if this was MLB the show with force trades on we could acquire Stanton for Price/Hanley/Castillo
    I wouldn't trade Devers for Stanton.
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

Quote Originally Posted by jad View Post
    I love it when a fan (or anyone) argues about the 'rational way' for their opponents to proceed. The thing about your enemies? they don't think the way you do. That's why they are opponents or enemies.
    Maybe so, but you usually have a general idea what the other team is going to want in a trade because of the position they're in. Like when we traded with the White Sox for Sale, the return of Moncada and Kopech was about what you would have expected.

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    Maybe so, but you usually have a general idea what the other team is going to want in a trade because of the position they're in. Like when we traded with the White Sox for Sale, the return of Moncada and Kopech was about what you would have expected.
    They want to sell the Marlins and get rid of the big money liabilities. It would make sense they would want young talented players with years of control and generally low salaries. We don't have many of those unless you want to trade Devers and Beni and maybe Groome. I wouldn't do it although Stanton would be a coup he is too expensive for us.