Register now to remove this ad

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: 8/16 vs Cardinals

Quote Originally Posted by S5Dewey View Post
    My bad. Given the circumstances it felt like that at the time though.
    it was crazy though. especially the way the game the game before ended with the middlebrooks "obstruction".....
    other names i have posted under: none

Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    Watching that again brings a smile to my face. Koji was such a joy to watch.
    Koji was fantastic! Haven't paid much attention to him since he came to the Cubs but I do miss his pitching style. Dude was a gem.

Quote Originally Posted by Slasher9 View Post
    it was crazy though. especially the way the game the game before ended with the middlebrooks "obstruction".....
    I still remember Gregg Zaun (covers Jays games and postseason games on Canadian sports network) talking about Middlebrooks having 'alligator arms' on that play.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQnHJwIabBU

It didn't end the WS, it was just the final out of game 4 in STL.
    Holy cow, I forgot Tim McCarver even used to be a thing. Man does time fly.
    I can't disagree with you

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    Holy cow, I forgot Tim McCarver even used to be a thing. Man does time fly.
    I know. You used to be a 12 year old avid Sox fan and it weirded me out that someone that young was posting on here. Now you're all grown up like the rest of us!
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

I know. You used to be a 12 year old avid Sox fan and it weirded me out that someone that young was posting on here. Now you're all grown up like the rest of us!
    Well to be fair, I had just turned 15 during the 2013 World Series. I was only that 12 year old for a brief 4 month period when I first joined

That is a solid fan. I didn't start getting into baseball till I was about 15 years old. Never really watched sports in elementary school. I started watching the Sox a year before they won the World Series. And then I learned the history of their World Series struggles and thought maybe I was a good luck charm lol.

Quote Originally Posted by TylerD View Post
    That is a solid fan. I didn't start getting into baseball till I was about 15 years old. Never really watched sports in elementary school. I started watching the Sox a year before they won the World Series. And then I learned the history of their World Series struggles and thought maybe I was a good luck charm lol.
    Well, I've repeatedly stated that I don't remember the 2004 title run. I turned 6 during that postseason. All I remember is talking to my kindergarten teacher after each win in the ALCS, as we kept creeping closer and closer to making history. I remember nothing from the World Series, and not much after that until the 2007 playoffs. It's not really until 2008, however, that I can put together a full season of memories.

Watching that again brings a smile to my face. Koji was such a joy to watch.
    Exactly what occurred to me as I watched it.
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    The funny thing about all that is that I'm pretty sure I just read that Mookie prefers batting lead off.
    That would be funny. Irrelevant, but funny.