Register now to remove this ad

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: August 21st @ The Cleveland Indians

Quote Originally Posted by Slasher9 View Post
    i am 100% OK with being conservative when tied or down by a run late in the game. a 1 run lead in the 8th inning you have to go for the jugular and win that game. use your best horses so to speak. going Barnes & Hembree was a terrible move by JF. workman hadnt given up a run in a million innings straight. workman should have pitched the 8th. or maybe it's time we go to Kelly as the 8th inning guy? and let the rest of the shmucks get us thru the 7th.....
    Yup.

It's called winning baseball.

Good post Slash.
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    I'm fine with ripping into Farrell, but his bullpen use has been ok to me. You can't throw the same 3 guys out there everytime there is a lead. You just can't. Sometimes, the secondary options need to step up.
    This is being reasonable.

It's a long fucking season.

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

All-Star
    A year ago, I was sreaming to put Mookie in the 3 spot. Now I'm screamimg to put him back leading off. His SO-Walk rario is now 59-59. No one else comes close. I guess I'm finally convinced that he not goig to quit taking strike one (often times down the middle)

Quote Originally Posted by Spudboy View Post
    He made an error.

Indisputable evidence that he is just awful and should be removed from the roster.
    Maybe he should be banished. LOL!!
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Nah. This is unfair.

After all stats show that Beni is almost as good as Gardner!!!!
    I am hearing that he is already a better fielder than Yaz. Today is Yaz's 78th birthday, he could probably still play the wall better than Benintendi.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

"Just one more thing..." Northern Star's Avatar
    Sometimes, criticism of managers is justified, but I'd love to see anyone on here manage a team for a whole season and see how well they fare.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

All-Star
    will this gamebe played? Anybody know anythinbe

[SIZE=5]Never mind. Schedule start is 8:20
    Last edited by bosoxmal; 08-22-2017 at 07:10 PM.

I am hearing that he is already a better fielder than Yaz. Today is Yaz's 78th birthday, he could probably still play the wall better than Benintendi.
    If someone said Benni is anywhere near as adept in LF as Yaz let alone better than Yaz that person needs to be heavily medicated and institutionalized immediately.

Unless, of course, it's Dojji.

He gets a pass for saying some absurd shit because of his hits on Nava and Napoli.

"Just one more thing..." Northern Star's Avatar
    If someone said Benni is anywhere near as adept in LF as Yaz let alone better than Yaz that person needs to be heavily medicated and institutionalized immediately.

Unless, of course, it's Dojji.

He gets a pass for saying some absurd shit because of his hits on Nava and Napoli.
    Ah yes, the killer Ns.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.