Register now to remove this ad

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 8/28 - VS Blue Jays

Deity
    Holt killing us tonight. Killing us. Jays pitcher got a called strike in the same exact spot where Pom got a ball--low outside corner.

Major Leaguer
    He has to do the small things right to earn playing time but has been just the opposite. Our bats better wake up soon..

Deity
    Down 3-2 after 4 12. Both teams with 6 hits, but the Jays better are grouping theirs. Middle--Beni, Betts, Moreland, Devers--of the order is hitless.

Toronto pitcher has at least 3 pretty good pitches, including a changeup and a slider. Plus fastball, of course.

Pom is battling.

Pom is not sharp tonight. 5 walks. We need runs.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

I would take him out here. I don't think he has a feel for his curve tonight. He could really blow up here without his curve.

Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

"Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Deity
    This team right now's lackadaisical. Not doing anything good right now. They have no urgency at all.

Nice play by Devers coming home with that ball.

We're scattering hits, but with no power it's hard to deliver a game knock out or comeback.

Deity
    Pom also kind find the corners. Most of those hits by theJays are in the middle of the zone.

Deity
    OK. Here's me back on my hobby horse. Subject is managerial and baserunning blunders. I feel certain that, had Vazquez been out going to 2b, this would have been brought up by several is simply gambling and not even with a chance of success. All Farrell's fault of course. The second is the bottom of the 5th. Left Pom in with the bases loaded and 1 out. I guarantee, had the Jays scored, this would have led to a discussion about how Farrell doesn't have a brain in his head. Everyone knows Pom was through. Farrell needs a brain wave check.

And here's the best part. No one, but no one--except me--will actually say that in both instances Farrell actually deserves some credit. But doing that is virtually forbidden on talksox.

Off my soapbox, now.
    Last edited by Maxbialystock; 08-28-2017 at 08:07 PM.

Deity
    Two great sliders to strike out Devers looking. Just found the outside of the plate, and they were sharp breaking too.

I think we have hit a couple or so extra liners tonight right to Jays outfielders. Now just two, but two extra because we've hit a lot of balls hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxbialystock View Post
    OK. Here's me back on my hobby horse. Subject is managerial and baserunning blunders. I feel certain that, had Vazquez been out going to 2b, this would have been brought up by several is simply gambling and not even with a chance of success. All Farrell's fault of course. The second is the bottom of the 5th. Left Pom in with the bases loaded and 1 out. I guarantee this would have led to a discussion about how Farrell doesn't have a brain in his head. Everyone knows Pom was through.

And here's the best part. No one, but no one--except me--will actually say that in both instances Farrell actually deserves some credit. But doing that is virtually forbidden on talksox.

Off my soapbox, now.
    Even wrong calls sometimes work just as a broken clock tells the right time twice a day.

I had no issues with both calls you brought up.

Even if they did not work, they were not "blunders", at least the way I have been using the term..

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    Even wrong calls sometimes work just as a broken clock tells the right time twice a day.

I had no issues with both calls you brought up.

Even if they did not work, they were not "blunders", at least the way I have been using the term..
    Good. But you ignored the last part. Would you agree they were actually good plays for which the manager gets some credit?

Deity
    Wow. 6 innings, 3 runs, quality start, but about as brutal a one as I can remember. Two incredible escapes, but neither was luck. Really smart play by Devers on the grounder in the 5th with 3 on. He first checked the hitter to see if a GIDP was possible after touching 3B. No. So he thru a strike to force out the guy going home.

Johnny Bench
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")