.624 vs LHPs
    .828 vs RHPs

Last year, it was...

.429 vs LHPs
    .984 vs RHPs

Career:

.576 vs LHPs
    .855 vs RHPs

Personally, I would not bat Beni in the top 5 vs LHPs, but I don't have any major issues with tonight's line-up.

Don't forget Beni is also a hot bat.

Double off top of center field wall.
    Line drive out
    Single to RF that results in Nunez being thrown out at home.

Anderson looks shitty but we still fuck it up.

Out by 15 feet. Really? Everyone knows that Bautista can throw.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Hanley is useless. Only Farrell realizes that much earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by Station 13 View Post
    Hanley is useless. Only Farrell realizes that much earlier.
    I honestly have no idea what that second sentence is trying to say.
    The Yankees could go 0-162 and it wouldn't be enough

We're going to lose to a guy with a 8.80 ERA.

Deity
    Out by 15 feet. Really? Everyone knows that Bautista can throw.
    That far up the line too. Sucked. i still think that it qualifies as aggressive base running but if someone said it was stupid, i would have to admit that they had a point. that far up the line! A bad throw!

Deity
    Nunez took the outside line from the get go, then tried to go back inside and basically stopped for the easy tag. Bautista has a great arm, but this was a 2 man out, man on 2d situation that begged for him going all they way. I don't think he got the jump he should have, not do I think he took the right track going to home. The next batter, had Nunez stayed at 3b, would have been Bogaerts, who promptly struck out badly to lead of the 2d inning.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxbialystock View Post
    Nunez took the outside line from the get go, then tried to go back inside and basically stopped for the easy tag. Bautista has a great arm, but this was a 2 man out, man on 2d situation that begged for him going all they way. I don't think he got the jump he should have, not do I think he took the right track going to home. The next batter, had Nunez stayed at 3b, would have been Bogaerts, who promptly struck out badly to lead of the 2d inning.
    A bad throw had him by 15 feet. He just needed to get the ball near the plate. Terrible call by 3B coach. We should be playing for big innings against this bum pitcher, not looking to steal a single run.

Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

"Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Deity
    Anderson is a classic junk ball pitcher feeding us a lot of sliders, changeups, and curves and just the occasional fastball. Young got one of those right where he wanted it and grounded out easily to 3b.

Our team as a whole does not read breaking balls well, plus making solid with one adds to the problem. It's also slightly possible some the guys looked at Anderson's ERA and decided tonight would be easy. Maybe the hitting coach did too and maybe they simply weren't prepared properly. But what do I know?

Deity
    In fact, despite 1 hit off Sale and 3 off Anderson, I'd say Anderson is more masterful tonight. Sale's throwing more than normal breaking balls, especially changeups and sliders, but he really wants to throw hard stuff. Plus his slider and changeup don't seem to be as sharp as Anderson's.

Deity
    In Sale's defense, he is clearly determined not to repeat last time, so he is working carefully, trying to get those corners vs. challenging hitters. This takes more pitches, but it's probably right.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxbialystock View Post
    In Sale's defense, he is clearly determined not to repeat last time, so he is working carefully, trying to get those corners vs. challenging hitters. This takes more pitches, but it's probably right.
    Also, his offense has not given him any runs, so he doesn't have a lot of room for error.

Deity
    Oh, that was sweet! He got Bautista looking at a fastball in the geometric center of the strike zone. Like a bullfighter standing in front of the bull and dropping his cape.