Register now to remove this ad

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: "Sucker punch" Sanchez suspension

Quote Originally Posted by BillyfromTheBronx View Post
    So ban me because you disagree with me?

That's pretty weak.
    I disagree with plenty of people on this board. I don't wish for them to be banned. We have some Yankee fans that are good posters.

You are not one of them. You are here to troll and as such you will be banned. Maybe not this moment. But soon.
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

Quote Originally Posted by Youk Of The Nation View Post
    All I see is A-Rod screaming "fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, motherfucker, come on" and waving his hands at himself in the universal sign for "bring it". Then I see him and Tek going at each other at the same time.

If screaming "fuck you" seven times in a row at someone while walking towards them does not make you at least partially responsible for the instigation of a fight, what does?
    You seem to conveniently forget the part where Arod was beaned.

Please point out exactly where I defended Sanchez's actions.

I'll wait.........
    It's apparent that your Mom did not breast feed you otherwise you could defend a point in a coherent manner.

Now run along and take your Ron Jeremy pills.
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

Quote Originally Posted by Spudboy View Post
    I disagree with plenty of people on this board. I don't wish for them to be banned. We have some Yankee fans that are good posters.

You are not one of them. You are here to troll and as such you will be banned. Maybe not this moment. But soon.
    Hardly here to troll. I just voiced my opinion on what I saw as a hypocritical post, plain and simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Spudboy View Post
    It's apparent that your Mom did not breast feed you otherwise you could defend a point in a coherent manner.

Now run along and take your Ron Jeremy pills.
    Again, pretty weak with the childish insults yet I'm the troll.

Super, Duper Moderator Youk Of The Nation's Avatar
    I think a dozen useless posts in a single thread to start off is enough for me. You obviously joined with no intention other than to start an argument, so I am going to send you off with the opposite intent.
    Quote Originally Posted by YANKEESRULE View Post
    Yea got hand it to the Sox, they just could not go queitly into the night. Well, they are just post-poning the inevitable.
    - From the 2004 ALCS Game 4 Gamethread. A reminder that no game is over until the final out is recorded, and things will always get better. Misspellings unchanged as a reminder that Yankees fans are just terrible.

Is it possible he is actually Gary Sanchez, trying desperately to justify his actions? I can understand a Yankees fan complaining about Tek's actions during that fight, but I can't understand anyone, even a Yankees fan, defending Sanchez.
    Completely agree, Varitek kept his mask during his fight with Arod, that was a bitchy move

But what Sanchez did is inexcusable and classless, you don't hit somebody on the floor looking away from you

No need for the name calling.
    I was simply pointing out that one isn't much of a man starting a fight with a catcher's mask on.
    It takes a real man like "Sucker Punch" Sanchez to wait until not one, but two Tigers were being held down to get his punches in. I wonder if fat a@# C.C. thinks that is weak? C.C. have another donut! "Sucker Punch" suspension reduced to three games by Torre. What a joke! What is the rational of reducing a already weak suspension? Are we sure Torre is still not on the Yankee payroll.

Well, Sanchez is going to miss the Baltimore series at least.

A-Rod chose to attack someone who was wearing catcher's gear. They fought face-to-face. Sanchez repeatedly punched two different people who were pinned to the ground, unable to defend themselves and facing away from him. Two completely different situations. In fact, the only thing these two incidents have in common is a Yankees player making a really, really stupid decision.
    Amen Youk! Sanchez does that out in the real world he would be arrested.

"Just one more thing..." Northern Star's Avatar
    Appeals of suspensions should be held immediately - nowadays we've got things like conference calls and everything.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

"In the heat of the moment and a desire to protect my teammates, I punched two guys who were lying prone on the ground."
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

It's a shame Pedro isn't still around to drill this bitch's ass.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Star View Post
    "In the heat of the moment and a desire to protect my teammates, I punched two guys who were lying prone on the ground."
    Or to hit an old man

Super, Duper Moderator Youk Of The Nation's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Carpin View Post
    Or to hit an old man
    Just like the Tek fight, I find myself at a loss to understand the releveance of incidents that happened over a decade ago. This thread was meant to discuss the shitty actions of a Yankee player during this season and how he seems to be getting away with a ridiculously light suspension. But by all means, please continue bringing up irrelevant actions by people who were not involved in this in any way. I'm pretty sure a Red Sox player sucker-punched a guy in a bar back in 1911 or so, that obviously means that we have no grounds to criticize Sanchez.
    Quote Originally Posted by YANKEESRULE View Post
    Yea got hand it to the Sox, they just could not go queitly into the night. Well, they are just post-poning the inevitable.
    - From the 2004 ALCS Game 4 Gamethread. A reminder that no game is over until the final out is recorded, and things will always get better. Misspellings unchanged as a reminder that Yankees fans are just terrible.