Register now to remove this ad

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: 9/10 vs Rays

Quote Originally Posted by SoxHop View Post
    and confetti cannons ...........
    Confetti cannons Only if it's the walk off scoring run...
    other names i have posted under: none

Quote Originally Posted by Slasher9 View Post
    There was no indisputable evidence that his foot actually touched the plate. Hence they had to go with the call on the field. They should sensor the plate to light up when contacted....and robot umps.
    I agree that's what they saw - or didn't see. It's the only reasonable explanation for the call after review, that rather than assume he touched the plate they assumed his foot was over the plate. I see that as stupid, but that's only a related story.

Here's my problem with it. If they're going to use that criteria (whether or not he actually touched the plate or was his foot over it?) then need to have a camera exactly at ground level and facing the plate. They then can use whether they can see daylight between the foot and the plate as the determining factor.

If they're going to use the current criteria of how it looked one-dimensionally looking down on the play they're never going to actually SEE the contact beween the foot and the plate. Therefore the default call always will be the umpire's original call. But of course they won't be consistent on that call. :-(

In short, review will do no good on plays at the plate and we got fucked.
    It's a mere moment in a man's life between the All-Star game and the Old Timer's game.
    -Vin Scully

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    All good. NFL Opening Day is probably the greatest day in my year.
    Jets ran for 38 yards yesterday. McCoy, Tolbert and Taylor each ran at least 38 yards for the Bills. It's going to be a really rough year for the Jets. Sorry, Thunder.
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

Legend
    Sox 10-31 with RISP in this series.

Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    Jets ran for 38 yards yesterday. McCoy, Tolbert and Taylor each ran at least 38 yards for the Bills. It's going to be a really rough year for the Jets. Sorry, Thunder.
    I am a Colts fan..... Right there with him. That was one of the worst performances I have ever seen by the Colts. A high school kid could have done better than Tolzien. UGH.... SMH.

Quote Originally Posted by TylerD View Post
    I am a Colts fan..... Right there with him. That was one of the worst performances I have ever seen by the Colts. A high school kid could have done better than Tolzien. UGH.... SMH.
    But now you will see Jacoby Brissett.

That kid has some skills.
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."