Register now to remove this ad

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 2017 end of season Yankee prospect update

We dealt away Kaprielian, Clarkin and Littel during the season yet our pitching didnít seem to suffer. We have an insane amount of arms.

One guy I totally whiffed on in my rankings, btw, is Canaan Smith. Our 4th rounder out of HS this year had a very solid debut in the GCL. For an 18 yr old, he showed power and patience that usually comes with a bit more age.

57 games
    .289/.430/.422 with 5HR and 5SB. Heís a good athlete with big power projection and a sweet lefty swing. He walked more than he struck out as well. With our system lacking a bit of position player depth in the lower levels, he should be able to pop quickly if he continues hitting.

Rookie Advanced league
    6. Deivi Garcia
    15. Luis Medina

Flabbergasted that Dermis Garcia missed the list. Absolutely flabbergasted
    The rebuild is complete.

Great to see some guys which are out of the radar, it only shows how strong our system is

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    didn't add any guys who were signed this year from the INTL, so Rojas and Pereira don't make it yet. Just missed: Lynch, Cortes, Brewer, Green
    No Cannan Smith?

nvm saw your last post

Helium alert in the AFL.

Albert Abreu and Justus Sheffield are dominating the AFL, a classic hitters league. Sheffield's stuff is playing up per Law and others. Fastball topping out in the high 90s, slider looking plus and a change that has gotten refined. He is looking like a top of the rotation starter

Abreu is showing high 90s heat as well with a power curve. His delivery has been a little erratic, but he is absolutely dominating hitters there.

Cody Carroll has yet to allow a run in 3 appearances, striking out 6 in 4 innings (walked 3, though).

Estevan Florial has shown his talents in limited action (7 for 18) but has also shown he needs to work on pitch recognition. He showed true 70 speed as well as an uncanny ability to crush fastballs.
    The rebuild is complete.

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    Helium alert in the AFL.

Albert Abreu and Justus Sheffield are dominating the AFL, a classic hitters league. Sheffield's stuff is playing up per Law and others. Fastball topping out in the high 90s, slider looking plus and a change that has gotten refined. He is looking like a top of the rotation starter

Abreu is showing high 90s heat as well with a power curve. His delivery has been a little erratic, but he is absolutely dominating hitters there.

Cody Carroll has yet to allow a run in 3 appearances, striking out 6 in 4 innings (walked 3, though).

Estevan Florial has shown his talents in limited action (7 for 18) but has also shown he needs to work on pitch recognition. He showed true 70 speed as well as an uncanny ability to crush fastballs.
    Future is bright my friend!!!

I'm really excited about Florial, if he's able to fix his swing, he will be aforce

There isn't anything to "fix" per se. He is 19 years old facing guys 3-4 years his senior. He has a pitch recognition issue that should improve with time. Either we will see more walks or less strikeouts, and I will take either
    The rebuild is complete.