Register now to remove this ad

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: 9/13 Athletic Plays

I think we can all agree to stop thinking/talking about this guy.
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    I can't disagree with you

Quote Originally Posted by Maxbialystock View Post
    I honestly hope he does because that firstbaseman made a really good play to get him and Moreland going to 1b. And I also apologize for being a smartass. Game thread opinions are bound to differ.
    You convinced me. Having the thirdbase runner running on a ground ball when bases are loaded and Hanley is next to bat is a good idea.
    In the town where I was born
    Lived a man who sailed to sea
    And he told us of his life
    In the land of submarines
    So we sailed up to the sun
    'Til we found a sea of green
    And we lived beneath the waves
    In our yellow submarine

Deity
    Bad day at black rock. But still up 3.

Quote Originally Posted by NativeBostonian View Post
    I think we all can agree on this. Ben can go fuck himself.
    But he makes a great latte.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

tonights game isnt a "must win" but if we want to keep the noose from tightening...it kinda is a must win....
    other names i have posted under: none

Quote Originally Posted by SoxHop View Post
    You convinced me. Having the thirdbase runner running on a ground ball when bases are loaded and Hanley is next to bat is a good idea.
    So with the bases loaded and 1 out, the runner on third is supposed to stay at 3rd on an infield grounder? And even if Pedey holds, that means somehow Benintendi has to get back to second and Betts to first. There were going to be 2 outs on that play no matter what.

Cmon, SoxHop you're better than this.
    The Yankees could go 0-162 and it wouldn't be enough

Quote Originally Posted by Slasher9 View Post
    tonights game isnt a "must win" but if we want to keep the noose from tightening...it kinda is a must win....
    They don't have a great record against teams above .500. They need to win the easier matchups.
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    They don't have a great record against teams above .500. They need to win the easier matchups.
    A's came in playing well; they just swept a 4 game series with the Astros. They are the type of team that's dangerous this time of year, bunch of kids no one knows anything about who have no pressure on them.

That being said, Sox need to win this afternoon. Taking 2/3 every series (or splitting a 4 gamer) from here on in will be just fine. What they can't be doing is losing series.
    The Yankees could go 0-162 and it wouldn't be enough

Quote Originally Posted by illinoisredsox View Post
    A's came in playing well; they just swept a 4 game series with the Astros. They are the type of team that's dangerous this time of year, bunch of kids no one knows anything about who have no pressure on them.

That being said, Sox need to win this afternoon. Taking 2/3 every series (or splitting a 4 gamer) from here on in will be just fine. What they can't be doing is losing series.
    Yeah, I don't think it's reasonable to sweep every series against a worse opponent. You still have to come away with a series win though.

Quote Originally Posted by Slasher9 View Post
    TODAYS game isnt a "must win" but if we want to keep the noose from tightening...it kinda is a must win....
    Fixed that for you... just because someone pointed that same thing out to me on the morning of a previous day game.

There are few things more frustrating to me than to be looking for a game at 7:00 only to find out it was played in the afternoon!!
    It's a mere moment in a man's life between the All-Star game and the Old Timer's game.
    -Vin Scully

And we need some new blood to step in and make the gamethread.

Quote Originally Posted by S5Dewey View Post
    Fixed that for you... just because someone pointed that same thing out to me on the morning of a previous day game.

There are few things more frustrating to me than to be looking for a game at 7:00 only to find out it was played in the afternoon!!
    thank you sir! perfect. i can watch the game on my phone with my headphones via the MLB TV app whilst "working".....
    other names i have posted under: none

Quote Originally Posted by illinoisredsox View Post
    So with the bases loaded and 1 out, the runner on third is supposed to stay at 3rd on an infield grounder? And even if Pedey holds, that means somehow Benintendi has to get back to second and Betts to first. There were going to be 2 outs on that play no matter what.

Cmon, SoxHop you're better than this.
    I was joking around. I wanted to see if Max caught what he said. Of course the runner is off as soon as it's a ground ball.