Register now to remove this ad

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 9/13 Athletic Plays

Deity
    Need the runs early. Can't give up anymore

Quote Originally Posted by oldtimer View Post
    So, why did JF pull the infield in with a runner on first and one out? That is one strategy and the other would to play for the out and allow the run to score on a ground ball. As it turned out, there would have been 2 outs and a man on 3rd. What happened after is on Fister.
    I agree. That made NO sense. The Sox should score several runs against Cotton so Farrell should have been willing to give up that one run to get the out.
    It's a mere moment in a man's life between the All-Star game and the Old Timer's game.
    -Vin Scully

Deity
    wow. 23 pitches by Cotton thru 2 innings. HanRam pops on a first pitch fastball, which normally I like seeing. Devers pops on a 4th pitch changeup--tough pitch. Leon nails a liner straight to Cotton on a fast ball down and away.

Deity
    Nervous 3d. Fister again struggling against the top of the order. He does not seem able to throw strikes low in the zone. Nice curve, but in the dirt to Lowrie, who has now seen 10 pitches. Fister at 62. That was bad--double of the monster by Lowrie on an excellent changeup that he saw perfectly. Did JBJ miss the relay man?
    Last edited by Maxbialystock; 09-13-2017 at 06:55 PM.

Could you imagine taking Oakland’s offense and the Red Sox pitching staff and making them one team. That’d be one heck of a team.

Deity
    Fister with 1 out in the 3d, 5 runs in, 66 pitches thrown with a man on 3b. Bullpen must be at the ready.

Deity
    Terrible fucking game knowing the Yankees had won.

I’m not upset at Fister. This is who he is. He’s just a mixed bag.

Deity
    [QUOTE=NativeBostonian;1093191]Could you imagine taking Oakland’s offense and the Red Sox pitching staff and making them one team. That’d be one heck of a team.[/QUOT

Baloney.
    Last edited by Maxbialystock; 09-13-2017 at 07:12 PM.

Deity
    What's worse will be that the Yankees will have their bitches the orioles for four games at home.

Deity
    Gonna take a heck of a comeback now.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by NativeBostonian View Post
    I’m not upset at Fister. This is who he is. He’s just a mixed bag.
    Season long, yes. But in his last 4 starts against the Jays, Yankees, Orioles, and Indians he went 7, 7, 7, and 9 innings and gave up 1, 1, 2, and 1 run.

Counting July 31 he has had 6 of 8 quality starts including tonight (not a quality start). During the same period, Sale has had 5 of 8 quality starts, Pom 5 of 7 quality starts, and Erod 5 of 8. Do I need to bother with Porcello?

Deity
    I do not believe it. Bases loaded and 1 out and a GIDP the hard way. Given HanRam on deck, Pedey had good reason to try to score, but just was not quick enough.

Deity
    May I say too that tonight Moreland has been a complete putz. What's the point of starting him against an at best so-so righty when all he can do is pop-up and ground out with men on base both times?

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxbialystock View Post
    I do not believe it. Bases loaded and 1 out and a GIDP the hard way. Given HanRam on deck, Pedey had good reason to try to score, but just was not quick enough.
    Just an awful result. No blame on Pedroia, he just didn't have the speed. Bad at bat for Moreland though. He should have been trying to get the ball into the outfield. Stuff happens