Register now to remove this ad

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 9/13 Athletic Plays

9/13 Athletic Plays

Bogaerts SS, Pedroia 2B, Benintendi LF, Betts RF, Moreland 1B, Ramirez DH, Devers 3B, Leon C, Bradley Jr. CF

Make the plays, and get some clutch hits, win.

Deity
    Yankees just beat Tampa (in NYC of course) 3-2. Girardi used the heck out of his bullpen, 4 guys who went 4.1 and gave up 1 runs (by Betances). Chapman got the save, Green the win.

Deity
    Tonight we got Fister, so I like our chances. Rookie Cotton, a righty, is 7-10 with a 5.82 ERA.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Station 13 View Post
    Bogaerts SS, Pedroia 2B, Benintendi LF, Betts RF, Moreland 1B, Ramirez DH, Devers 3B, Leon C, Bradley Jr. CF

Is that the lineup? It's got five lefty bats, about right. But Bogie leading off? Last three of Devers, Leon, and JBJ is something he has done before and makes the bottom of the order potentially tough.

Super, Duper Moderator Youk Of The Nation's Avatar
    YOTN at the game mojo. Made a spur of the moment decision to head up to Boston. Four rows back from the field, just beyond first base.

They have TVs set into the wall in front of the very first row of seats. Why the fuck!? Does someone with seats that good need the TV? They need more of them in the areas where you can barely see what's going on on the field.
    Quote Originally Posted by YANKEESRULE View Post
    Yea got hand it to the Sox, they just could not go queitly into the night. Well, they are just post-poning the inevitable.
    - From the 2004 ALCS Game 4 Gamethread. A reminder that no game is over until the final out is recorded, and things will always get better. Misspellings unchanged as a reminder that Yankees fans are just terrible.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Youk Of The Nation View Post
    YOTN at the game mojo. Made a spur of the moment decision to head up to Boston. Four rows back from the field, just beyond first base.

They have TVs set into the wall in front of the very first row of seats. Why the fuck!? Does someone with seats that good need the TV? They need more of them in the areas where you can barely see what's going on on the field.
    those are the seats I inevitably get. How do you get so close on the spur of the moment?

Hopefully, we didn't use all of our runs up last night. My money is on Fister and the Sox!

WIN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Maxbialystock View Post
    those are the seats I inevitably get. How do you get so close on the spur of the moment?
    StubHub.

I should be more clear. I am not a spontaneous person. For me, "spur of the moment" means I decided last night to go today and bought the ticket this morning when I got out of work. There were still a great deal of tickets left at 7AM.
    Yea got hand it to the Sox, they just could not go queitly into the night. Well, they are just post-poning the inevitable.
    - From the 2004 ALCS Game 4 Gamethread. A reminder that no game is over until the final out is recorded, and things will always get better. Misspellings unchanged as a reminder that Yankees fans are just terrible.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Station 13 View Post

OK. That's the right one. Three of the first four have pretty good speed. On a good day--not so much this season--all four can also hit and two with power. 5th and 6th are Moreland and HanRam, probably about right. Good to see Pedey in his second straight start at 2b, especially with Nunez out.

Pedroia just tossed a ball into the stands and I watched some 16-year old (or so) kid snatch it out of the air by shoving his arm in front of a bunch of little kids. Teenagers are the worst.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Youk Of The Nation View Post
    StubHub.

I should be more clear. I am not a spontaneous person. For me, "spur of the moment" means I decided last night to go today and bought the ticket this morning when I got out of work. There were still a great deal of tickets left at 7AM.
    that's where I got mind, stubhub. Over $100 apiece for seats down the right field line that were like watching the game through the wrong end of a telescope. Twice.

I have not been back to Fenway in this decade. Maybe the first decade of the 21st century was the wrong one for getting decent seats there.
    Last edited by Maxbialystock; 09-13-2017 at 06:05 PM.

Deity
    Game is on espn and the camera shows lots and lots of empty seats for an important game about to begin.

Correction. New camera shots show lots of fans and a good crowd.
    Last edited by Maxbialystock; 09-13-2017 at 06:08 PM.

Deity
    Well hopefully we win tonight. Need good fister again.

Deity
    Three very hittable 91 mph fastballs, which Semien finally hammered to rf for a single. Typical 1st inning for Fister, who regularly give up a run in the first.

Deity
    Not good at all! Always seems to struggle in the first inning