Register now to remove this ad

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 100

Thread: 9/16 at Tamp Bay

  1. #16
    He is finally driving the ball over the last week.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dojji View Post
    [T]he conclusion to be drawn is that there is no practical value in seeking this ideal lineup, and in that case any way in which it might be meaningfully termed "best" is irrelevant, academic at best, pedantic at worst
    Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Unlike hot streaks and clutch, the “Cliff” is a myth. It can’t be defined, and it’s future existence cannot be proved.

  2. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasonbay44 View Post
    Mookie destroyed that ball
    I love watching small guys hit the ball hard and far.
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.


    "It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

  3. #18
    Moreland runs the bases like a moron. The minute that Souza released the ball Moreland and Butter should have known that it was airmailed and he could have walked to 3B.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dojji View Post
    [T]he conclusion to be drawn is that there is no practical value in seeking this ideal lineup, and in that case any way in which it might be meaningfully termed "best" is irrelevant, academic at best, pedantic at worst
    Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Unlike hot streaks and clutch, the “Cliff” is a myth. It can’t be defined, and it’s future existence cannot be proved.

  4. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudboy View Post
    I love watching small guys hit the ball hard and far.
    and guys like Bogaerts, Ryan Sweeney can't hit them. lmao

  5. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Station 13 View Post
    and guys like Bogaerts, Ryan Sweeney can't hit them. lmao
    Bogaerts is not in Sweeney's class in that regard. Sweeney is a big guy about 6'4' qbout 230. Yet, he went something like 600 ABs without a HR.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dojji View Post
    [T]he conclusion to be drawn is that there is no practical value in seeking this ideal lineup, and in that case any way in which it might be meaningfully termed "best" is irrelevant, academic at best, pedantic at worst
    Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Unlike hot streaks and clutch, the “Cliff” is a myth. It can’t be defined, and it’s future existence cannot be proved.

  6. #21
    this offense won't stand a chance in the playoff

  7. #22
    Gonna need more than 1 run.

  8. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Station 13 View Post
    this offense won't stand a chance in the playoff
    That's the only way they gonna compete in the playoffs unless the pitching becomes lights out. If they go out like last year i will be dissapointed. I want them to fight this year in the playoffs.

  9. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Station 13 View Post
    this offense won't stand a chance in the playoff
    That's why we will need nearly perfect pitching.

  10. #25
    Xander sucks dick right now. That guy needs to fucking hit

  11. #26
    He had a good game last night but we need him to be more consistent

  12. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by d-money View Post
    Xander sucks dick right now. That guy needs to fucking hit
    Four hits last night; on base six times. Ten pitch at bat today. Maybe he has turned the corner.....or not.

  13. #28
    Porcello leaving that ball up. He's good when he's getting groundouts

  14. #29
    Caught him lovely! Idk why would you do that

  15. #30
    Offense still looking very weak. I know Cobb's a decent pitcher but imagine when they see guys like Kluber? Geez

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •