Register now to remove this ad

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 123

Thread: 9/17 at Tampa Bay

  1. #31
    Damn....... every hard hit ball is not finding an alley....
    Everybody here is out of sight
    They don't bark, and they don't bite
    They keep things loose, they keep things light
    Everybody was dancin' in the moonlight

  2. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxbialystock View Post
    Those self same elves are 8-2 coming down the stretch and who have shown a lot of grit. Or have I got that wrong?
    And your point is that Odirizzi isn't confident today?
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dojji View Post
    [T]he conclusion to be drawn is that there is no practical value in seeking this ideal lineup, and in that case any way in which it might be meaningfully termed "best" is irrelevant, academic at best, pedantic at worst
    Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Unlike hot streaks and clutch, the “Cliff” is a myth. It can’t be defined, and it’s future existence cannot be proved.

  3. #33
    Still awful after 4.5, but signs of seeing Odorizzi's pitches better.

  4. #34
    Beckham with a 3 run shot off Gray, 5-1 Birds in 4th.

  5. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxbialystock View Post
    Those self same elves are 8-2 coming down the stretch and who have shown a lot of grit. Or have I got that wrong?
    So far, not a single hit. There have been a few hard hit balls, so there is always hope. Odorizzi has only 72 pitches and could go 7 or more innings. We just can't allow more runs or at least keep it close.

  6. #36
    Mookie is out of the game. Looks like a hand issue. Just when he was starting to drive the ball again.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dojji View Post
    [T]he conclusion to be drawn is that there is no practical value in seeking this ideal lineup, and in that case any way in which it might be meaningfully termed "best" is irrelevant, academic at best, pedantic at worst
    Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Unlike hot streaks and clutch, the “Cliff” is a myth. It can’t be defined, and it’s future existence cannot be proved.

  7. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    Beckham with a 3 run shot off Gray, 5-1 Birds in 4th.
    456' bomb.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dojji View Post
    [T]he conclusion to be drawn is that there is no practical value in seeking this ideal lineup, and in that case any way in which it might be meaningfully termed "best" is irrelevant, academic at best, pedantic at worst
    Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Unlike hot streaks and clutch, the “Cliff” is a myth. It can’t be defined, and it’s future existence cannot be proved.

  8. #38
    Yankees losing and this team's losing lol. Big surprise

  9. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    And your point is that Odirizzi isn't confident today?
    Heck yes he is confident. His splitter and fastball are working well. But, like ERod, who also has given up no earned runs in the first four innings, he is fresh, rested. Six of our so- called elves have played a lot of innings in the last 43 hours.

  10. #40
    high pitch count as usual.

  11. #41
    I can't stand watching this guy. He just put the guy on 3rd with less than two outs.

  12. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Mookie is out of the game. Looks like a hand issue. Just when he was starting to drive the ball again.
    It was the tag at first. Just bad luck. Nice to have Davis though.

  13. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by Station 13 View Post
    high pitch count as usual.
    Big trouble for e-rod. Walk issue to load the bases with Longoria up.

  14. #44
    Will we see Price today, or is Farrell waiting for a blow out type game?
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dojji View Post
    [T]he conclusion to be drawn is that there is no practical value in seeking this ideal lineup, and in that case any way in which it might be meaningfully termed "best" is irrelevant, academic at best, pedantic at worst
    Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Unlike hot streaks and clutch, the “Cliff” is a myth. It can’t be defined, and it’s future existence cannot be proved.

  15. #45

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •