Register now to remove this ad

Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast

Thread: 9/19 @ Baltimore

Okay all these extra innings victories are getting old. Like stop it already geez.

Quote Originally Posted by bkzwhitestrican View Post
    Okay all these extra innings victories are getting old. Like stop it already geez.
    Certainly makes for a long game however it's good they can grind these games out and make it worth it. I would be more concerned if all these games were going to extras and they were losing them. This is playoff baseball (finding ways to win games whether it's ugly or not) and it might take extras to beat the solid teams like Cleveland or Houston. At this point I could care less how we win games as long as we win them. Two days ago we won strictly because of our offense and last night was all pitching. At the end of the day this team has won 7 of their last 10 and keeping ahead of the Yankees which they have to do because the Yankees are red hot right now. Looking like it will be the Yanks and Twins in the Wild Card and if the Yanks win that wild card they will be a tough opponent for Cleveland come playoff time. Playoffs can't come fast enough.

Legend
    According to Sean McAdam good chance Nunez returns Friday.

Quote Originally Posted by OH FOY! View Post
    According to Sean McAdam good chance Nunez returns Friday.
    We can use the spark to the lineup. It is great that the team has picked up for his absence and Pedroia's absence/slump with a winning streak. When they return and get back on track, we should put up runs more consistently.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

We can use the spark to the lineup. It is great that the team has picked up for his absence and Pedroia's absence/slump with a winning streak. When they return and get back on track, we should put up runs more consistently.
    The mantra of the 2017 Boston Red Sox.
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

Is Pedroia's nose so sore that he can't hit? WTH!! He should be playing. Yaz would have played with a hurt nose and a case of the runs.
    And he would have had a Marlboro and Bud between innings.
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

Todd Walker may be the best of the fill-ins for Remy.
    Yeah he has been pretty solid.

I do think Gomes was fun but this guy is easier to understand and sticks to straight analysis.

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

Quote Originally Posted by Spudboy View Post
    And he would have had a Marlboro and Bud between innings.
    Yep!!

Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

"Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    I've been ignoring the best chance I have for a couple days now, because I'm fixated on this girl from home. Plus, I didn't get one last night, so it shouldn't matter.
    I don't know kid.

A bird in the hand and all that.

Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    That's not how mojo works.
    Henceforth Thunder mojo will be referred to as blojo.

That is all.

Quote Originally Posted by SoxHop View Post
    Crash positions everyone!!!
    Post of the day!

The mantra of the 2017 Boston Red Sox.
    Ya I am not holding out hope for the playoffs on our offense that's for sure. We will need great pitching to win against Houston and Cleveland or Yankees or whoever we play. With that said getting Nunez back and Pedroia hitting again..... If the offense comes alive during the playoffs great we will need that too. But if our pitching is anything less than stellar it could be ugly.

Post of the day!
    Luckily that I was not eating or drinking when I read that or I would have choked and spit. LOL!!

It's very rarely "just one play" that causes a loss.

But what about Bill Buckner? IT WASN'T BILL BUCKNER'S FAULT DAMNIT. THERE WAS A BUNCH OF OTHER SHITTY STUFF THAT HAPPENED TOO.
    Calvin Shiraldi.

Calvin Shiraldi.
    roger clemens and his pussy blister....
    other names i have posted under: none