Register now to remove this ad

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: 9/20 @ Baltimore

Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    While it would be nice for Sale to get some rest, I have no problem with Farrell leaving Sale in the game.

1. Sale didn't have any high stress innings.
    2. He was not laboring. He still looked strong at the end of the game.
    3. He already gets an extra day off with today's off day.
    4. After his last couple of starts, letting him stay in and have a dominating outing, while earning his 300th K, has to be a boost to him mentally.
    5. There is no way Sale would have wanted to come out of that game.
    Now, who's going to argue with that list?

I also think Sale and Farrell probably had some good discussion about all this.

It's a night with football on, and I still feel like I'm missing something...
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    I can't disagree with you

While it would be nice for Sale to get 300 k's, I have no problem with Farrell pulling Sale from the game.

1. Sale has looked tired over his last handful of starts.
    2. He Looked strong last night and with the extra rest he will be even stronger for the PLAYOFFS
    3. He already gets an extra day off with today's off day. So the extra innings off will make him even stronger.
    4. After his last couple of starts, letting him stay in and have a dominating outing, while earning his 300th K, has to be a boost to him mentally. You know, since we were playing against Baltimore B squad and some dude named pomeranz shut them out a whole 24 hours earlier.
    5. There is no way Sale Should stay in the game for personal goals when we are set for the TEAM goal of a run at the World Series
    other names i have posted under: none

Quote Originally Posted by Slasher9 View Post
    While it would be nice for Sale to get 300 k's, I have no problem with Farrell pulling Sale from the game.

1. Sale has looked tired over his last handful of starts.
    2. He Looked strong last night and with the extra rest he will be even stronger for the PLAYOFFS
    3. He already gets an extra day off with today's off day. So the extra innings off will make him even stronger.
    4. After his last couple of starts, letting him stay in and have a dominating outing, while earning his 300th K, has to be a boost to him mentally. You know, since we were playing against Baltimore B squad and some dude named pomeranz shut them out a whole 24 hours earlier.
    5. There is no way Sale Should stay in the game for personal goals when we are set for the TEAM goal of a run at the World Series
    My answer is ........... D....... All of the above............. is that right????????
    In the town where I was born
    Lived a man who sailed to sea
    And he told us of his life
    In the land of submarines
    So we sailed up to the sun
    'Til we found a sea of green
    And we lived beneath the waves
    In our yellow submarine

Super, Duper Moderator Youk Of The Nation's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by YANKEESRULE View Post
    Yea got hand it to the Sox, they just could not go queitly into the night. Well, they are just post-poning the inevitable.
    - From the 2004 ALCS Game 4 Gamethread. A reminder that no game is over until the final out is recorded, and things will always get better. Misspellings unchanged as a reminder that Yankees fans are just terrible.