Register now to remove this ad

Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Sale

Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    Sale's innings need to be managed as much as possible right now.
    He has 1 start left, let's not act like it is a juggling act.

But We still have to win this division. If after that 1 start and we're unfortunate to play extra inning again I wouldn't be upset if Sale comes out the bullpen for a tune up.

24 ERs in 25 IP from 5 of his last 10 starts doesn't concern you at all?

Do we want the Sale of the first 20 starts variety?

Do we want the Sale from the last 10 starts variety?

I know that nothing is for certain. We could have rested him 1-2 days extra for his last 10 starts and still see him get lit up game 1 on October 5th, but with his long history of fading late, I'm going to go with giving him some added rest and figure it should help.

Quote Originally Posted by Station 13 View Post

But We still have to win this division. If after that 1 start and we're unfortunate to play extra inning again I wouldn't be upset if Sale comes out the bullpen for a tune up.
    Let's not act like he hasn't shown any issues with being tired down the stretch.
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

Quote Originally Posted by Station 13 View Post

He has two schedule, if you count game 162.

If we skip that start, we've essentially given him 4 extra days rest all at once-- something I'd think would have been better spread out- beginning with not pitching him last night. (actually, I suggested giving him an extra day or two his last starts, too, so he'd end up with just 1-2 extra days rest before Oct 5th's game 1..

Sale's innings need to be managed as much as possible right now.
    Right now: last week.

Quote Originally Posted by cp176 View Post
    Sure can't disagree with them old stats. Wait a minute - of course I can. I thought he looked pretty good last night. As a matter of fact I thought he looked dominant. I'm not saying that you run him into the ground but guess I am just not that concerned about Chris Sale. You just wanted to see Price get two or three innings didn't you? lol
    Yes, Price should get more work in to make sure he's ok to go or not. Don't want to waste a PS roster spot on him.

Just because he looked good against an O's lineup yesterday, doesn't mean there are underlying issues. Why ignore the tough starts he's had recently?

Right now: last week.
    Yup. Seems like there are a lot of Grady Little types on here. Just keep running them out there guys! It's definitely the right thing to do when the stats show otherwise!

Yes, Price should get more work in to make sure he's ok to go or not. Don't want to waste a PS roster spot on him.

Just because he looked good against an O's lineup yesterday, doesn't mean there are underlying issues. Why ignore the tough starts he's had recently?
    I completely agree. Sale was dominant last night there is no question about it but I too would have liked to See Price get a couple innings of work. So far he has played only two innings and he could be a useful weapon come playoffs but he needs a bit more work. Hopefully over the stretch of Cinci he gets some innings in and plays well.

Deity
    24 ERs in 25 IP from 5 of his last 10 starts doesn't concern you at all?

Do we want the Sale of the first 20 starts variety?

Do we want the Sale from the last 10 starts variety?

I know that nothing is for certain. We could have rested him 1-2 days extra for his last 10 starts and still see him get lit up game 1 on October 5th, but with his long history of fading late, I'm going to go with giving him some added rest and figure it should help.
    Was he you think more rested for last night's start? I don't. guess I'm just not convinced that any substantial extra rest is going to make that much difference with Sale. Looks awful too doesn't it - 24 ER's in 25 IP. and I was just starting to buy into all of this statistical bull tacos about how unimportant a stat a pitcher's era is. How many of those runners that he allowed to get on base were runners that scored as a result of someone else not doing their job? I'm not going to argue anymore about this one because in a perfect world I would love to see this guy get some extra rest. I just don't think that last night was the appropriate time. I did kind of think that he was done after 7, but as it turned out, I am more than pleased that he wasn't.

Deity
    Yup. Seems like there are a lot of Grady Little types on here. Just keep running them out there guys! It's definitely the right thing to do when the stats show otherwise!

Grady Little - couldn't you have come up with somebody else? stats,stats,stats ...

How much does Sale pitching 1 more games instead of two hurt our odds?

90% to 88%?

He's been inconsistent of late, most likely due to fatigue, so we're not even sure we're going to get what we saw last night in both of his next 2 starts.

ER/IP last few starts (in reverse order)

0/8
    4/5.2
    0/6
    3/4.1
    0/7
    6/3
    4/7
    1/7
    0/8
    7/5

5 of his last 10 starts have been "iffy" or worse. Is that what you guys want for the playoffs?

Really?

It's not even 'an issue?"

It may be an issue. The bigger issue at the moment is securing the division.

Quote Originally Posted by cp176 View Post
    Grady Little - couldn't you have come up with somebody else? stats,stats,stats ...
    You guys are the ones who want to keep overworking tired arms. Little seems like a fitting comparison to me.

Wanting to secure the division has nothing to do with Grady Little.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    Wanting to secure the division has nothing to do with Grady Little.
    How is it any different that wanting to win the ALCS? Sale needs to save his bullets for the postseason. If he goes out and shuts down everyone in October, I'll eat crow again. If not, I hope some of you don't come up with other excuses.

Quote Originally Posted by Dojji View Post
    Fear the might of the Dojjarajah
    Fear may be a strong word.

But you have my respect.
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."