Register now to remove this ad

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 9/22 @ Cincinnati

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    I would like to see this exact lineup for ALDS Game 1, the only change being the starting pitcher.
    What about DH?

Who and where?
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

Be interesting to see how Benni does.

Also to see what kind of greeting and ovations he gets if any.
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

Quote Originally Posted by Spudboy View Post
    What about DH?

Who and where?
    Wow, totally forgot we're in an NL park...

Hanley as long as he's healthy/not doing anything stupid, or Nunez as long as he's healthy. I can see them both batting between Betts and Moreland in the 5 spot
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    I can't disagree with you

Another idea could be to DH Devers to take away his defensive liability, and put Nunez at 3B

Quote Originally Posted by Spudboy View Post
    Be interesting to see how Benni does.

Also to see what kind of greeting and ovations he gets if any.
    His old schools had a massive celebration for him last night

Deity
    Bogaerts SS,
    Pedroia 2B,
    Benintendi LF,
    Betts RF,
    Moreland 1B,
    Vázquez C,
    Devers 3B,
    Bradley Jr. CF,

Porcello RHP.
    A nice reminder we are in a NL ballpark without our DH. The Reds have been fine without one all year long--hitting wise. NL pitchers and catchers are always aware of that "free out" down there at the bottom. Porcello/Vazquez may or may not be.

Porcello looked pretty darn good is last time out, plus our bullpen is rested. Pitching advantage to us.

I'm not sure our hitting will find Romano a pushover given that he just went 8 shutout innings against the Pirates six days ago. I think those are in fact our 8 best bats right now and the order seems fine. But .. .

The Reds are 5-5 in their last ten and 39-39 at home this year. They only stink on the road.

The good news is the Jays are also 5-5 in their last 10 and are 40-38 at home--vs. the Yankees tonight.

Before the Orioles series I figured we and the Yankees would both go 2-1, but in fact both went 3-0. Good for us.

Against the Red we are going with Porcello, ERod, and Fister, so I will be fine once again with 2-1 and hope the Jays can take one from the Yankees.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxbialystock View Post
    A nice reminder we are in a NL ballpark without our DH. The Reds have been fine without one all year long--hitting wise. NL pitchers and catchers are always aware of that "free out" down there at the bottom. Porcello/Vazquez may or may not be.

Porcello looked pretty darn good is last time out, plus our bullpen is rested. Pitching advantage to us.

I'm not sure our hitting will find Romano a pushover given that he just went 8 shutout innings against the Pirates six days ago. I think those are in fact our 8 best bats right now and the order seems fine. But .. .

The Reds are 5-5 in their last ten and 39-39 at home this year. They only stink on the road.

The good news is the Jays are also 5-5 in their last 10 and are 40-38 at home--vs. the Yankees tonight.

Before the Orioles series I figured we and the Yankees would both go 2-1, but in fact both went 3-0. Good for us.

Against the Red we are going with Porcello, ERod, and Fister, so I will be fine once again with 2-1 and hope the Jays can take one from the Yankees.
    Call it over confidence but there should be no reason we drop this series. I don't know how we will win whether its from great pitching or great offense or both but this should be a pretty easy win in my opinion. Fister is still wildy inconsistent though and you never know what you will get with him. Behind Porcello and E-Rod there should be no reason what so ever to drop these games to Cinci.

Yep. Totally agree. Anything less than 2 out of 3 in this series is a disappointment.

Long live Bronson Arroyo

Deity
    Well lets hope rick doesn't have his alter ego working today. That's limp dick

Quote Originally Posted by d-money View Post
    Well lets hope rick doesn't have his alter ego working today. That's limp dick
    Lol. If he plays anything like his last start he will be fine...... Hopefully.

I was not aware that Farrell's son is a reliever in the Reds bullpen. Gotta think they'll have him come in at some point tonight

Pedroia with the mouth protector.

When I heard that this Romano guy is from New York, it all made sense. He's too Italian to be from anywhere else

Bad Mookie