Register now to remove this ad

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 9/23 @ Cincinnati

Quote Originally Posted by Station 13 View Post
    Why is the other team wearing green?
    They got tired of you complaining........
    Everybody here is out of sight
    They don't bark, and they don't bite
    They keep things loose, they keep things light
    Everybody was dancin' in the moonlight

Well Rodriguez does his job.Very good outing from him.

Quote Originally Posted by S5Dewey View Post
    How does that happen?? The play was right in front of Holt. That's lazy baserunning.
    It has been contagious under farrell

Quote Originally Posted by d-money View Post
    It has been contagious under farrell
    No, apparently this isn't "boneheadedness", it's aggressiveness that is encouraged by JF & Co.

Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    No, apparently this isn't "boneheadedness", it's aggressiveness that is encouraged by JF & Co.
    Facetious I presume. Its stupidity. Vasquez did the same thing, trying to steal 3B with nobody out.

Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    But that wasn't aggressive. It was just plain lazy. How can Holt NOT look to see where the throw is going when it's right in front of him? He went in casually standing up where if he's seen the play he'd have known to slide and been safe.
    Any owners who sign previously suspended PED abusers to a big $$ contract are as guilty of perpetuating the PED problem as are the players.

ERod has the 3 slot locked up.

Quote Originally Posted by FredLynn View Post
    Facetious I presume. Its stupidity. Vasquez did the same thing, trying to steal 3B with nobody out.
    Yes, totally facetious. I'm the self appointed leader of the expose the excessive boneheadedness club.

But that wasn't aggressive. It was just plain lazy. How can Holt NOT look to see where the throw is going when it's right in front of him? He went in casually standing up where if he's seen the play he'd have known to slide and been safe.
    Maybe he didn't go in hard because of the score. Maybe. But still, that is some bad base running.
    Everybody here is out of sight
    They don't bark, and they don't bite
    They keep things loose, they keep things light
    Everybody was dancin' in the moonlight

Quote Originally Posted by SoxHop View Post
    Maybe he didn't go in hard because of the score. Maybe. But still, that is some bad base running.
    If you're not going to go in hard, then just stop at 2nd.

Plus, the play is in front of you.

We can make the game short with our bullpen after 6 innings. Hopefully we can get the good starting pitching and timely hitting come the playoffs.

We can make the game short with our bullpen after 6 innings. Hopefully we can get the good starting pitching and timely hitting come the playoffs.
    That's my thought exactly. Yes, we'd be relying on our BP to come though, but aren't we relying on everyone to come through?
    Any owners who sign previously suspended PED abusers to a big $$ contract are as guilty of perpetuating the PED problem as are the players.

That's my thought exactly. Yes, we'd be relying on our BP to come though, but aren't we relying on everyone to come through?
    Surely. I just hope to see a better effort than last year come the playoffs . Houston or Cleveland are very good teams but they're beatable. Stealing that first game's always huge.

Surely. I just hope to see a better effort than last year come the playoffs . Houston or Cleveland are very good teams but they're beatable. Stealing that first game's always huge.
    This.

I can't handle back to back sweeps in the playoffs.

I certainly hope we see a better outing from the Sox than we did last year, Last year's playoff team looked lackluster to me. Maybe it was because the Sox were facing better pitching but still.... I hope for more.