Register now to remove this ad

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: 9/23 @ Cincinnati

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Nunez keeps getting pushed back. I hope that he gets back in the lineup before the regular season ends.
    Yes, he'd be a big boost to the team.

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    The Sox are a good team. The Yankees have been playing well and winning, and the Sox have held them off.

That said, I was reading that our last 19 games have been against below .500 teams. That's not to take anything away from the Sox. They have been getting the job done in crunch time. They are a good team and are not to be taken lightly. However, the teams they will be facing are very good teams in their own right.
    Last 19 games every team except the Cardinals have played teams with an average under .500 winning percentage that was in contention. Sox, Indians, Astros (at that time), Brewers (at that time), Dodgers, Yanks, Cubs, Diamondbacks, Rockies, Rangers, (at that time), and Royals, and Nationals.
    All contenders, have played teams with about a .486 winning percentage, at that time. Not just the Sox.

Here's an update as it stands now.
    http://www.espn.com/mlb/huntforoctober
    Last edited by OH FOY!; 09-24-2017 at 09:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    We've been winning a lot, and we have a lot of players who have just returned from injuries or will be returning soon.

Price
    Smith
    Barnes
    Pedey
    HRam
    Nunez

I feel we will be stronger than we've looked this year.

Quote Originally Posted by OH FOY! View Post
    Last 19 games every team except the Cardinals have played teams with an average under .500 winning percentage that was in contention. Sox, Indians, Astros (at that time), Brewers (at that time), Dodgers, Yanks, Cubs, Diamondbacks, Rockies, Rangers, (at that time), and Royals, and Nationals.
    All contenders, have played teams with about a .486 winning percentage, at that time. Not just the Sox.

Here's an update as it stands now.
    http://www.espn.com/mlb/huntforoctober
    Fair enough on both posts. You really don't have to convince me that we have a good team. I like our team. I don't think we're the best team in the league, but as I've said, I like our chances as much as any other team's chances.

"Just one more thing..." Northern Star's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    Fair enough on both posts. You really don't have to convince me that we have a good team. I like our team. I don't think we're the best team in the league, but as I've said, I like our chances as much as any other team's chances.
    Who knows, maybe everything's coming together at the right time.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

Super, Duper Moderator Youk Of The Nation's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by YANKEESRULE View Post
    Yea got hand it to the Sox, they just could not go queitly into the night. Well, they are just post-poning the inevitable.
    - From the 2004 ALCS Game 4 Gamethread. A reminder that no game is over until the final out is recorded, and things will always get better. Misspellings unchanged as a reminder that Yankees fans are just terrible.