Register now to remove this ad

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 67

Thread: Porcello

  1. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by TylerD View Post
    This is exactly what I was thinking. Keep Sale in for almost an entire game but yank Porcello out after 4. Makes no sense to me. Regardless Porcello was fine after the first inning but one or two awful innings can be the killer come playoffs.
    It made perfect sense. Farrell is in playoff mode right now, trying to clinch the division. His decisions reflect that.

  2. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    LOL!

    BTW, JF has Holt batting second today.
    I sent Farrell a text begging him to bat Holt either 1st or 2nd, just for funsies.

  3. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    It made perfect sense. Farrell is in playoff mode right now, trying to clinch the division. His decisions reflect that.
    I thought 8 innings was unnecessary in my opinion. Wasn't it 6-0 after 5 innings? That's a pretty comfortable lead to give to our bullpen. But it is what it is. It's getting away from the original point that I'm still scared to see Porcello in the playoffs. I hope the man shuts me up and plays like a boss though.

  4. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    Because Farrell has been saying all week how he wanted Price to get extended work
    Should have pitched the Sale game then.
    Fire Farrell - fucking check mark!
    Trade Pedroia
    Sign JD Martinez to play 1B/DH
    Sign Alex Cora for MGR

  5. #20
    Can we find a better starting option for
    Porcello?

    If we do, are we able to trade porcello?

  6. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Cook View Post
    Can we find a better starting option for
    Porcello?

    If we do, are we able to trade porcello?
    See and I have been thinking about this too. But it's sometimes scary thinking like that off one bad year. He was so good last year that I would like to see him next year....... maybe. I really don't know. Lol. I guess it just depends what kind of performance he has in the playoffs. That is what matters to me right now. He has been better in the second half of the season. The first half was absolutely atrocious.

  7. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    LOL!

    BTW, JF has Holt batting second today.
    Why not Marrerro?
    Dumb.

  8. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    Should have pitched the Sale game then.
    I think that would have been a waste. Instead of which he helped us win a game last night.

  9. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    I think that would have been a waste. Instead of which he helped us win a game last night.
    Ya I'm fine with the decision. Still don't get why Porcello was pulled so early though ? After the first inning he started to settle down.

  10. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by TylerD View Post
    I thought 8 innings was unnecessary in my opinion. Wasn't it 6-0 after 5 innings? That's a pretty comfortable lead to give to our bullpen. But it is what it is. It's getting away from the original point that I'm still scared to see Porcello in the playoffs. I hope the man shuts me up and plays like a boss though.
    I was okay with the decision to leave Sale in the game, for reasons I've already posted, but I can understand the reasoning behind not leaving him in the game. Also, I share your concerns about Porcello.

  11. #26
    I'm all for offloading him asap, but only if there's a better, viable alternative to take his place. Good pitching is a rare commodity in the majors nowadays.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

    Fui sobre agua edificada, mis muros de fuego son

    Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

  12. #27
    I'd like to see Yankees drop couple more games right away in order for us to clinch the Division. Set up the rotation for the playoffs. Hopefully Sale can skip his last start or at the very least pitch him only for 3 or 4 innings.

  13. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by FredLynn View Post
    Why not Marrerro?
    Dumb.
    Gotta get him going.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

    Fui sobre agua edificada, mis muros de fuego son

    Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

  14. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    I'd like to see Yankees drop couple more games right away in order for us to clinch the Division. Set up the rotation for the playoffs. Hopefully Sale can skip his last start or at the very least pitch him only for 3 or 4 innings.
    It looks like Sale won't be needed in the last game. But I think he's going to need a session in between the start before.

    How does that work. The day the season ends, the next day the one game wildcard game is played? Then the next day the playoffs start?

    If that's the case...... he's throwing on 7 days rest I think....
    Everybody here is out of sight
    They don't bark, and they don't bite
    They keep things loose, they keep things light
    Everybody was dancin' in the moonlight

  15. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by SoxHop View Post
    It looks like Sale won't be needed in the last game. But I think he's going to need a session in between the start before.

    How does that work. The day the season ends, the next day the one game wildcard game is played? Then the next day the playoffs start?

    If that's the case...... he's throwing on 7 days rest I think....
    The first game is October 5th. That's 3 days off after the last game of the season.

    Had we started Sale the first game in Cincy, we could have given him 1-2 days off before pitching a (short) game vs HOU and then 1-2 days off before game 1 on OCT 5th. Now, he's going to get a super long rest of lopsided rest.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •