Register now to remove this ad

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 115

Thread: 9/25 vs Toronto

  1. #16

  2. #17
    Tonight Pom is revealing his unprofessional side. First and foremost, he made absolutely no effort on that ball to the right side that was in fact a grounder. Second, he has no changeup even though he is a lefty sure to face 75% righty batters. Third, he can't spot his knuckle curve very well, which means batters can sit on the slow motion fast ball of his. He has to be the worst starter I've ever seen with a 3.15 ERA this late in the season.

    And he right now is our #2 starter in the playoffs. Lots of luck with that.

  3. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Station 13 View Post
    This is who he is.

    ABsolutely right.

  4. #19
    Very lousy start by pom! They haven't clinch anything yet

  5. #20
    Chris Young got dirt on Farrell.

  6. #21
    moonslav likes to comment on weak fundamentals but has never to my knowledge gone after Pom, who to me represents the polar opposite of Sale, who is professional in every way. I can never forgive a pitcher who can't be bothered to cover first base on grounders to the right. I am continually astonished he has been pitching this long and doesn't have a usable changeup unlike very other starting lefty in MLB. I give him credit in some games for having decent command of two pitches he does have, but would comment that even then he needs a lot pitches to get thru an inning.

  7. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxbialystock View Post
    moonslav likes to comment on weak fundamentals but has never to my knowledge gone after Pom, who to me represents the polar opposite of Sale, who is professional in every way. I can never forgive a pitcher who can't be bothered to cover first base on grounders to the right. I am continually astonished he has been pitching this long and doesn't have a usable changeup unlike very other starting lefty in MLB. I give him credit in some games for having decent command of two pitches he does have, but would comment that even then he needs a lot pitches to get thru an inning.
    When it comes to fielding a ball, Pom usually botch it or don't make any effort to cover 1st. He looks lazy out there.

  8. #23
    Did I forget to mention that normally, usually Pom is not good at keeping the ball low, which has been very much in evidence tonight.

  9. #24
    Farrell is A jackass.

  10. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Station 13 View Post
    Chris Young got dirt on Farrell.
    I've been defending Young all year.

    I'm done.

    No way he's on my playoff roster.

  11. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    I've been defending Young all year.

    I'm done.

    No way he's on my playoff roster.
    Young has no defenses this year. He flat out sucks.

  12. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxbialystock View Post
    Did I forget to mention that normally, usually Pom is not good at keeping the ball low, which has been very much in evidence tonight.
    The good teams like Houston and Cleveland will spot this and eat him alive. BEen worried about this since the All Star break.

  13. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxbialystock View Post
    moonslav likes to comment on weak fundamentals but has never to my knowledge gone after Pom, who to me represents the polar opposite of Sale, who is professional in every way. I can never forgive a pitcher who can't be bothered to cover first base on grounders to the right. I am continually astonished he has been pitching this long and doesn't have a usable changeup unlike very other starting lefty in MLB. I give him credit in some games for having decent command of two pitches he does have, but would comment that even then he needs a lot pitches to get thru an inning.
    No, I've never mentioned Pom by name, but this isn't the first time he's failed to cover first. Yes, I call that "bonehead".

    Overall though, Pom's been a big plus this year.

  14. #29
    RIP Nunez’s knee
    Fire Farrell - fucking check mark!
    Trade Pedroia
    Sign JD Martinez to play 1B/DH
    Sign Alex Cora for MGR - check plus!

  15. #30

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •