Register now to remove this ad

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: 9/25 vs Toronto

Quote Originally Posted by Slasher9 View Post
    Btw...I'll take poms shitty game tonight. Save the gems for two weeks
    Poms will be just fine hopefully. He usually rebounds very nice after a shit start.

They haven't said anything. I'm going by my eyes and what I saw. His knee is toast for this season. It needed more time but he tweaked it again big time. Betts will be fine though. Hopefully CY sprains something though....
    After the game explained that Nunez only "tweaked" his knee and that he did not aggravate it. His words.

Mookie was a precautionary move because his hand was hurting more tonight.
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

Quote Originally Posted by Spudboy View Post
    After the game explained that Nunez only "tweaked" his knee and that he did not aggravate it. His words.

Mookie was a precautionary move because his hand was hurting more tonight.
    Let's hope this good news proves true.

Oh well. They just won 6 in a row and were 8-2 out of last 10.

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Emp9 View Post
    Without Pomeranz imploding, this would have been another win.

Travis with a boneheaded play
    JF is a fucking idiot for letting nunez finish that AB
    This concerns me a lot. IIRC this is the second time in the recent past that Farrell has let the players make a decision for him. The first was when JF wanted to pull Sale and Sale talked him out of it.

I can understand Nunez wanting to stay in the game but that should not be his call.

I dunno... maybe this post is because I still have flashbacks of Grady Little talking with Pedro. :-(
    It's a mere moment in a man's life between the All-Star game and the Old Timer's game.
    -Vin Scully

Super, Duper Moderator Youk Of The Nation's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by YANKEESRULE View Post
    Yea got hand it to the Sox, they just could not go queitly into the night. Well, they are just post-poning the inevitable.
    - From the 2004 ALCS Game 4 Gamethread. A reminder that no game is over until the final out is recorded, and things will always get better. Misspellings unchanged as a reminder that Yankees fans are just terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Emp9 View Post
    This.

Jays still have a solid team that underperformed this year and always give us good series. I wasn't expecting a sweep of the Reds, Jays and Astros going into the playoffs. All that matters is winning the division right now which would take a complete mental breakdown to not do that. I still hope we can win this series against the Jays because the Astros series (even though they might rest some players) will still be a very tough series. It's only one loss and I am fine with it as it was a competitive game...... Had Drew pitched like he is capable of it would have been an easy win.

Josh Donaldson is still a beast. Wonder where the Jays are going to trade him.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by SoxHop View Post
    It doesn't take much does it.. I guess Pom is on the shit list.......... talk about what have you done for me lately..
    My gripe with Pom goes back quite a ways. The lousy start only confirmed what I have long thought. He doesn't routinely cover 1b on grounders to the right. He is a lefty who normally faces 6 of 9, 7 of 9, or even 8 of 9 righty bats and does not have a changeup. He has a good knuckle curve, but does not spot it well. He is more accurate with his so-so fastball, but also does not normally throw it for strikes in the bottom part of the zone. He has 16 quality starts in 31 starts largely because getting to 6 innings is a struggle for him because he wisely (I'm serious) uses a lot of pitches to get through an inning. He has to pitch carefully because he does not have great stuff and because he does not really have great control.

As I said to moonslav, the fact that Pom remains our #2 starter is more a commentary on the fact that Price has been on the DL so much, Porcello has had a terrible year (after getting the Cy Young), and ERod, while he has good stuff, has struggled with command of his pitches, especially in the early innings.
    Last edited by Maxbialystock; 09-26-2017 at 10:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    I don't know the ins and outs of the Toronto payroll or system so I can't say anything with much conviction.

However, Toronto has to pay somebody with huge upside to keep their offense intact.

They are crazy if they don't keep Donaldson.

It won't happen, but I would love to see him with the Sox.

He is a beast.
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

Quote Originally Posted by S5Dewey View Post
    This concerns me a lot. IIRC this is the second time in the recent past that Farrell has let the players make a decision for him. The first was when JF wanted to pull Sale and Sale talked him out of it.

I can understand Nunez wanting to stay in the game but that should not be his call.

I dunno... maybe this post is because I still have flashbacks of Grady Little talking with Pedro. :-(
    honestly i could not believe nunie wasnt pulled from the game right then and there. we needed the guy for the post season. not game# 156. the second he crumpled on that swing he needed to be removed.
    other names i have posted under: none

also - who is in charge of Sox medical staff? honestly the dude needs to be fired. there is NO WAY nunez should have been in the lineup if he can't even make a swing at an outside slider. i mean...the MLB RH pitcher earns their livelyhood on outside sliders to a RH batter....it's not a secret or a unheard of pitch.
    other names i have posted under: none

Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    I honestly don't see the Jays losing him. That player is a one man wrecking machine....... He sparks that entire offense. Jays would be absolutely insane to not do everything they can to keep him. I understand if a big market team comes after Donaldson the Jays might not have much choice...... But Donaldson has said numerous times he loves playing in Toronto and loves the fans...... I would actually be surprised to see him leave Toronto if they offer him something half decent.

also - who is in charge of Sox medical staff? honestly the dude needs to be fired. there is NO WAY nunez should have been in the lineup if he can't even make a swing at an outside slider. i mean...the MLB RH pitcher earns their livelyhood on outside sliders to a RH batter....it's not a secret or a unheard of pitch.
    Our medical staff stinks.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."