Register now to remove this ad

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 24

Thread: Why do we even have a Yankees board?

Hybrid View

  1. #1

    Why do we even have a Yankees board?

    This is a Red Sox site. There's no place for discussion/gloating about the enemy.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

    Fui sobre agua edificada, mis muros de fuego son

    Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

  2. #2
    I find it really fucking weird that Yankees fans come to a Red Sox site to post. We had some on BDC too. I wonder if Sox fans are on Yankees sites?
    other names i have posted under: none

  3. #3
    Yeah, it's dumb if you ask me. Let them come and go as they please, but don't dedicate a whole sub-forum to them
    University of Connecticut Class of 2021

    Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Hitting the ball with his nose was the best contact Pedroia has made in 3 games. Who needs Pedey, we have Brock Holt.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    Yeah, it's dumb if you ask me. Let them come and go as they please, but don't dedicate a whole sub-forum to them
    I was not around at the inception of Talksox but it could be part of the original business model or it could be a result of the owner realizing that some Yankee fans could add to the traffic and volume of posters on the board.

    Those are two guesses.

    In any case none of the established members here have a problem with a Yankee forum. It's mostly all Jacko and he is seen as harmless by most as he sticks to Yankees stuff mostly and when he does talk about the Sox his input is usually measured and accurate.

    We do not suffer Trolls on Talksox, least of which Yankee Trolls. This has rarely been a problem as evidenced by the current crop of Yankee posters who seem nice and also knowledgeable.

    So this is not a good idea for a thread at all. You new guys want to start shit about a Yankee poster or a Yankee forum, well good luck with that as Jacko and the others are

    part of our community. And well, you guys have been seen as interlopers and detrimental to the board by more than several of the long time posters.

    So start some shit and see what goes down.

    I'll be sitting here with my Porch Rocker laughing.
    Last edited by Spudboy; 09-25-2017 at 08:55 PM.
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.


    "It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudboy View Post
    I was not around at the inception of Talksox but it could be part of the original business model or it could be a result of the owner realizing that some Yankee fans could add to the traffic and volume of posters on the board.

    Those are two guesses.

    In any case none of the established members here have a problem with a Yankee forum. It's mostly all Jacko and he is seen as harmless by most as he sticks to Yankees stuff mostly and when he does talk about the Sox his input is usually measured and accurate.

    We do not suffer Trolls on Talksox, least of which Yankee Trolls. This has rarely been a problem as evidenced by the current crop of Yankee posters who seem nice and also knowledgeable.

    So this is not a good idea for a thread at all. You new guys want to start shit about a Yankee poster or a Yankee forum, well good luck with that as Jacko and the others are

    part of our community. And well, you guys have been seen as interlopers and detrimental to the board by more than several of the long time posters.

    So start some shit and see what goes down.

    I'll be sitting here with my Porch Rocker laughing.
    I'm not sure I understand this part...?
    University of Connecticut Class of 2021

    Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Hitting the ball with his nose was the best contact Pedroia has made in 3 games. Who needs Pedey, we have Brock Holt.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    I'm not sure I understand this part...?
    What's not to understand Thunder? I stated an opinion shared by some senior ( long time members ).

    I'm not the one starting shit. I am sticking to facts.
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.


    "It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

  7. #7
    What shit am I starting?
    University of Connecticut Class of 2021

    Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Hitting the ball with his nose was the best contact Pedroia has made in 3 games. Who needs Pedey, we have Brock Holt.

  8. #8
    I'm done.

    If the OP really wanted an answer to his question he could have PMed the owner or the mod and asked.

    This question was posed with no positive intent and as such I can see that it will serve only to stir shit up.
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.


    "It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudboy View Post
    I'm done.

    If the OP really wanted an answer to his question he could have PMed the owner or the mod and asked.

    This question was posed with no positive intent and as such I can see that it will serve only to stir shit up.
    The OP join date is exactly 1 year after you. Not sure your swipe at us BDC transfers holds much weight here spud.
    other names i have posted under: none

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Slasher9 View Post
    The OP join date is exactly 1 year after you. Not sure your swipe at us BDC transfers holds much weight here spud.
    I was aware of his date of inception. And it is not relevant other than he should really know better than to start this anti-Yankee fan shit here again. No one likes it among the vet posters here. I have seen caustic posts directed by all the good buddies from another place towards Jacko and I am having none of it. No one wants that shit here and I do speak for many members who have expressed their concerns with me privately.

    So I would point out to you by virtue of what I have just said that my "swipe" does hold some weight.

    One more thing, keeping in mind, of course, that I am not a mod, personal attacks on talksox are not seen as a good thing and are discouraged by the two men that run this place.
    Last edited by Spudboy; 09-25-2017 at 11:06 PM.
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.


    "It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudboy View Post
    I was aware of his date of inception. And it is not relevant other than he should really know better than to start this anti-Yankee fan shit here again. No one likes it among the vet posters here. I have seen caustic posts directed by all the good buddies from another place towards Jacko and I am having none of it. No one wants that shit here and I do speak for many members who have expressed their concerns with me privately.

    So I would point out to you by virtue of what I have just said that my "swipe" does hold some weight.

    One more thing, keeping in mind, of course, that I am not a mod, personal attacks on talksox are not seen as a good thing and are discouraged by the two men that run this place.
    what weight does it hold? it wasn't a BDC member that started the thread. if i had started this thread then damn well your point is taken. but as it stands, it just doesnt reconcile with what you are saying.
    also, since i am the only BDC transfer that has posted in this thread...read my post and tell me which part of it attacks a specific poster or which part of my post you (or the other longtime oldheads) disagree with.
    thanks.
    other names i have posted under: none

  12. #12
    Youk is a good moderator and handles what needs to be handled. End of story. Really no need for this thread.

  13. #13
    The reason we have a Yankees forum is very simple: To post Yankees stuff, and for Yankees fans on this board to discuss Yankees stuff.

    The discussion about why so many Yankees fans hang out here is a completely separate one (though I imagine it is at least partly due to the severe mental disabilities inherent in Yankee fandom; can we really expect rational decision-making from these people?!). They're here, and they're not going anywhere. The alternative to having a Yankees subforum is having all Yankees threads in the General Baseball forum, which would make that forum twice as large and much more unwieldy to navigate. Alternatively, the Yankees threads could end up being posted as comparison or contrast pieces to the Red Sox, and end up in the Sox forum, which is horrifying to consider. Imagine all of the threads currently active in the DY forum in the TalkSox forum instead, just with a few lines added about how it makes them better than the Red Sox.

    The Yankees fans on this site (well, most of them) are here because this is a great site for baseball discussion. Go to the YES forums, or even some of the official Red Sox fan forums. They're mostly garbage. In between the spam and the membership counts in quadruple digits, you have far more unrestrained trolls and an amount of useless off-topic discussion that dwarfs any actual insightful conversation about baseball. Jacko contributes a lot to this board, and when it does not directly involve the Yankees, his ideas and statements are almost guaranteed to be part of a great conversation.

    We may fight, and we may have rivalries and occasional personal attacks, but that's par for the course on message boards. I'm pretty sure, at this very moment, someone on a message board dedicated to Knitting and Crocheting For Seniors just called someone else a cuntwaffle. But by and large, at the end of the day, this is a much better place to talk about baseball (the reason we are ostensibly here) than about 98% of baseball websites.

    Yankees fans suck. But the Yankees fans on this site, suck though they might, are our Yankees fans. You don't kick your pet out of the house or put it to sleep just because its nonsensical yapping and frequent incontinence might inconvenience you sometimes, because deep down, you love your little idiot.

    Finally, if none of the above arguments make sense to you, just remember: the Yankees and the Sox have a rivalry that goes all the way back to a time when people wore bowler hats unironically. It's the most well-known rivalry in sports. People who know nothing else about baseball know that the Red Sox and the Yankees are bitter enemies. I bet most of the world knows. I bet if you asked the Pope, he'd say "Who are you and how did you get in here? Security!" That kind of rivalry virtually guarantees that we'd be talking about all of this stuff anyways. Keeping track of Yankees games, prospects, and roster moves is a big part of the life of most die-hard Sox fans. It just so happens that Yankees fans are starting these threads, but we'd circle around to them in our own time even without them.

    What would our lives be without Yankees fans on this board to bullshit with?


  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Youk Of The Nation View Post
    The alternative to having a Yankees subforum is having all Yankees threads in the General Baseball forum, which would make that forum twice as large and much more unwieldy to navigate. Alternatively, the Yankees threads could end up being posted as comparison or contrast pieces to the Red Sox, and end up in the Sox forum, which is horrifying to consider. Imagine all of the threads currently active in the DY forum in the TalkSox forum instead, just with a few lines added about how it makes them better than the Red Sox.
    I agree with this 100%.
    Fire Farrell - fucking check mark!
    Trade Pedroia
    Sign JD Martinez to play 1B/DH
    Sign Alex Cora for MGR - check plus!

  15. #15
    I didn't attack any Yankees posters, I'm not stirring up shit, I simply asked why we have a forum devoted to the team's biggest rivalry, because it struck me as odd and something I haven't seen on other sites. I could have worded it better. I think I posted it just after the Sox lost last night.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

    Fui sobre agua edificada, mis muros de fuego son

    Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •