Register now to remove this ad

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why do we even have a Yankees board?

I am on yankee boards and sox boards. I live in MA, so the banter here is more akin to my home experience. Also, there are very few good baseball forums, period. I have been on some Yankee boards where, for example, if you put down a player, you get ridiculed then banned. I forget the prospect, but years ago on the nyyfans site, they were raving about him. I had a subscription to an actual scouting site who said he was garbage. I repeated that SR and got banned. Seriously, banned for disagreeing with the projection of a prospect (btw, I ended up being right IIRC). I'm not on this site because it's a sox site, I am on this site because opposing views are allowed and while they may be ridiculed, they are at least not ban worthy. I took a long and strange road to get here years ago. I was at the Herald before that site exploded, then to a smaller board, then I followed some posters from BH to here. I got banned initially, then came back on and calmed down. It has worked out. I enjoy the banter. I can take a criticism. That being said, I will always represent my team. We have a small but vocal conclave of yankee fans on this site. We are the ones who can handle a bit of crap as most don't survive here. But we all like it
    Hal sucks

Jacksonian is good people. I like his insights he brings on the Yankees, and he isn't a total homer like a lot of other fans. Throwing back that "Aaron Judge exposed," was funny too.

All I keep thinking is how kimsaysthis would be all over this thread! LOL

I have no problem with the Yankees sub forum or the Yankees posters here. Every forum I have posted on has had its group of Yankees posters. This is a great site, IMO.

Because it's better have the enemy close. Didn't you watch The Godfather movie? LOL!
    Tiburones Rojos de Veracruz & Boston Red Sox

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    In the words of Don Corleone when he slaps a crying Johnny Fontaine: "Act like a man!" No, offense ladies.

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    I am on yankee boards and sox boards. I live in MA, so the banter here is more akin to my home experience. Also, there are very few good baseball forums, period. I have been on some Yankee boards where, for example, if you put down a player, you get ridiculed then banned. I forget the prospect, but years ago on the nyyfans site, they were raving about him. I had a subscription to an actual scouting site who said he was garbage. I repeated that SR and got banned. Seriously, banned for disagreeing with the projection of a prospect (btw, I ended up being right IIRC). I'm not on this site because it's a sox site, I am on this site because opposing views are allowed and while they may be ridiculed, they are at least not ban worthy. I took a long and strange road to get here years ago. I was at the Herald before that site exploded, then to a smaller board, then I followed some posters from BH to here. I got banned initially, then came back on and calmed down. It has worked out. I enjoy the banter. I can take a criticism. That being said, I will always represent my team. We have a small but vocal conclave of yankee fans on this site. We are the ones who can handle a bit of crap as most don't survive here. But we all like it
    Wow. Well said, sir. Whatever light I perceived you in before this has now been permanently changed for the better.
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    I can't disagree with you

Super, Duper Moderator Youk Of The Nation's Avatar
    Let's not get carried away here guys. Jacko is still a Yankees fan, and therefore sucks.
    Quote Originally Posted by YANKEESRULE View Post
    Yea got hand it to the Sox, they just could not go queitly into the night. Well, they are just post-poning the inevitable.
    - From the 2004 ALCS Game 4 Gamethread. A reminder that no game is over until the final out is recorded, and things will always get better. Misspellings unchanged as a reminder that Yankees fans are just terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Youk Of The Nation View Post
    Let's not get carried away here guys. Jacko is still a Yankees fan, and therefore sucks.
    He can't help it: he was born that way.

All-Star
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Star View Post
    I didn't attack any Yankees posters, I'm not stirring up shit, I simply asked why we have a forum devoted to the team's biggest rivalry, because it struck me as odd and something I haven't seen on other sites. I could have worded it better. I think I posted it just after the Sox lost last night.
    You're sort of answering your own question here a bit, aren't you?

I was wondering why we have this as well as I have not seen this on other forums.... But the rival between the Yanks and Sox is like none other between any other two teams in any sport. It doesn't bother me what so ever...... I found it strange at first but now I don't even notice it. When the Yanks were playing the Indians I actually made a few comments in there with some of the Yanks fans. Believe it or not...... Not all Yanks fans are douchebags. You get a lot no doubt about it but there are some on this forum that are very nice people to talk with actually. The Yankees are a rival but at the end of the day it wont kill us to have a Yankees board so we can talk to other posters about their team (as long as they aren't assholes) which I have been apart of this board for going on 7 years and haven't seen to many jerks. Usually the jerks create an account quick make a rude comment and take off. The others are pretty good people it seems.

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Star View Post
    This is a Red Sox site. There's no place for discussion/gloating about the enemy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slasher9 View Post
    I find it really fucking weird that Yankees fans come to a Red Sox site to post. We had some on BDC too. I wonder if Sox fans are on Yankees sites?
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    Yeah, it's dumb if you ask me. Let them come and go as they please, but don't dedicate a whole sub-forum to them
    I always lurk other teams site. To be honest, its a reflection of this board. Jacko is/has always been one of the most active members. About 10 years ago, there were a bunch more Yankee fans here as well, when there was actually a rivalry.

I always welcome a different opinion/perspective. I dont post at Yankee forums, but I have a username and lurk at NYYfans.com.

Nothing wrong with it. Without Jacko, this place wouldn't be the same.

Don't take it as a compliment Jacko, you are still a yankee fan loser!!!!

There will be more of us when the rivalry kicks up this year. I anticipate a big Yankee-Sox season in 2018. I also help root out the trolls from my brethren. This is akin to my daily life. I'm a NYY fan in MA. Its like home to be told to F- off because I like the Yankees
    Hal sucks

Super, Duper Moderator Youk Of The Nation's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    There will be more of us when the rivalry kicks up this year. I anticipate a big Yankee-Sox season in 2018. I also help root out the trolls from my brethren. This is akin to my daily life. I'm a NYY fan in MA. Its like home to be told to F- off because I like the Yankees
    Oh, f- off.
    Quote Originally Posted by YANKEESRULE View Post
    Yea got hand it to the Sox, they just could not go queitly into the night. Well, they are just post-poning the inevitable.
    - From the 2004 ALCS Game 4 Gamethread. A reminder that no game is over until the final out is recorded, and things will always get better. Misspellings unchanged as a reminder that Yankees fans are just terrible.

So cozy, lol
    Hal sucks