Register now to remove this ad

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 150

Thread: 9/27 Jays Bleu

  1. #31
    El mar no cesa iortiz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Mexico City
    Posts
    11,783
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxbialystock View Post
    At this point I have wonder how Porcello warms up and whether anyone like the pitching coach is watching him. He absolutely came out determined to stick to the fastball and to avoid low pitches at any cost--except for the one that bounced in front of the plate of course. Totally unprepared to start his game and certainly not guided by the pitching coach in any useful way.
    Farrell has to go after this year.
    Tiburones Rojos de Veracruz & Boston Red Sox

    Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    In the words of Don Corleone when he slaps a crying Johnny Fontaine: "Act like a man!" No, offense ladies.

  2. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by iortiz View Post
    Farrell has to go after this year.
    You're blaming Farrell for Porcello sucking ass?
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

    Fui sobre agua edificada, mis muros de fuego son

    Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

  3. #33
    So look, basically we all know we're gonna be in the wildcard game. That seems obvious at this point.

    FUCK.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

    Fui sobre agua edificada, mis muros de fuego son

    Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

  4. #34
    Well there's one. Even if it's of fun an error lol

  5. #35
    Thanks Hernandez, don't mind if we do. Keep them coming.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

    Fui sobre agua edificada, mis muros de fuego son

    Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

  6. #36
    Why is Porcello still in the game? We have what-20 pitchers in the pen? Price is ready. Let him have a chance.

  7. #37
    El mar no cesa iortiz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Mexico City
    Posts
    11,783
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Star View Post
    You're blaming Farrell for Porcello sucking ass?
    While Porcello sucks -- I've always said since day one-- I'm blaming Farrell for all the poor fundamentals and for what Max is saying. He's responsible for the whole coaching staff.
    Last edited by iortiz; 09-27-2017 at 06:34 PM.
    Tiburones Rojos de Veracruz & Boston Red Sox

    Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    In the words of Don Corleone when he slaps a crying Johnny Fontaine: "Act like a man!" No, offense ladies.

  8. #38
    Back to my original question - can we get rid of Porcello this offseason? Or is that asking for trouble.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

    Fui sobre agua edificada, mis muros de fuego son

    Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

  9. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxbialystock View Post
    Pretty close to a must win from my perspective. If we lose and the yankees win, they are 2 back with 4 to go and we play the Astros for the final four games. The Yankees play Tampa tonight and again tomorrow, then 3 more at home vs. the Jays.

    I do not think Sale will be available on October 1, the last game. I would like to win the AL East and avoid the wild card game.
    The Sox might be better off just taking a wild card. then they can go quietly in the night and plan for next year.

  10. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Star View Post
    Back to my original question - can we get rid of Porcello this offseason? Or is that asking for trouble.
    Sure they can. He's 2 years left on that deal, still young, somebody will take him as he won a CY. He might be a Cardinals type experiment.

  11. #41
    He still can't locate, once that top order rolls back he can't pitch like that.

  12. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by FredLynn View Post
    Why is Porcello still in the game? We have what-20 pitchers in the pen? Price is ready. Let him have a chance.
    1. That's why.
    2. Now my turn. Why is it instantly the manager's fault when a player screws up? You are focusing on the wrong dude here, especially at the salary Porcello makes.

  13. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Star View Post
    You're blaming Farrell for Porcello sucking ass?
    Why do managers get fired?

  14. #44
    El mar no cesa iortiz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Mexico City
    Posts
    11,783
    Seems like Porcello is going to pitch up in the middle all night on.
    Tiburones Rojos de Veracruz & Boston Red Sox

    Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    In the words of Don Corleone when he slaps a crying Johnny Fontaine: "Act like a man!" No, offense ladies.

  15. #45
    Meanwhile Estrada plays it safe by never going inside.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •