Register now to remove this ad

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast
Results 121 to 135 of 164

Thread: Who is your playoff 3?

  1. #121
    Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Not any worse than he will be if we go 3 and out.
    Some think they see failure in everything he does, despite evidence to the contrary like a first place finish.

  2. #122
    Quote Originally Posted by devildavid View Post
    Some think they see failure in everything he does, despite evidence to the contrary like a first place finish.
    No one sees that and no one has said that.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dojji View Post
    [T]he conclusion to be drawn is that there is no practical value in seeking this ideal lineup, and in that case any way in which it might be meaningfully termed "best" is irrelevant, academic at best, pedantic at worst
    Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Unlike hot streaks and clutch, the “Cliff” is a myth. It can’t be defined, and it’s future existence cannot be proved.

  3. #123
    I'm pre-ripping JF for starting Fister game 3.

    ERod is better.

    Even Porcello is better.

    This is not the last straw. That straw came months or years ago.

  4. #124
    Of course, all this talk of how our best pitchers failed needs to be tempered by the fact Corey Kluber just got klobbered.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

    Though I try to find the answer to all the questions they ask
    Though I know it's impossible to go living through the past

    Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

  5. #125
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Star View Post
    Of course, all this talk of how our best pitchers failed needs to be tempered by the fact Corey Kluber just got klobbered.
    I was about to say that I had this in the win column for Cleveland, but I still may be right, despite the worst outing of the year for Kluber. Those Indians can hit, and that's what they're doing. It's now a one run game.

    We may have Yankee company yet in this let-down post season.

  6. #126
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    I'm pre-ripping JF for starting Fister game 3.

    ERod is better.

    Even Porcello is better.

    This is not the last straw. That straw came months or years ago.
    Farrell is not to blame that Chris Freaking Sale fades out at the end of every season. He is not to blame that Porcello stunk it up this year. Fister is a good choice out of three choices that aren't so good. Farrell is not losing these games. The Red Sox overachieved and are the worst of all the remaining playoff teams, including the Yankees. That's reality, and it sucks.

  7. #127
    What really stings is that we've now had Price, Porcello, Sale and Pomeranz all bomb out on us in the playoffs the last 2 years.

  8. #128
    Quote Originally Posted by devildavid View Post
    Farrell is not to blame that Chris Freaking Sale fades out at the end of every season. He is not to blame that Porcello stunk it up this year. Fister is a good choice out of three choices that aren't so good. Farrell is not losing these games. The Red Sox overachieved and are the worst of all the remaining playoff teams, including the Yankees. That's reality, and it sucks.
    I'm not blaming JF for the Sale and Pom meltdowns.

    ERod and Porcello are both better than Fister, and have been over their last 5 starts as well.

  9. #129
    I'm not ready to start calling...

    Chris Freakin' Sale

    ....

    Freakin' Chris Sale

  10. #130
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    What really stings is that we've now had Price, Porcello, Sale and Pomeranz all bomb out on us in the playoffs the last 2 years.
    Good point. Demoralizing. Maybe the "washed-up" vet Doug Fister will embarrass our two star Lefties into the top class performances they're both capable of.

  11. #131
    The problem of Sale fading at the end of each season is not going away. But if you hold him back early in the season you risk not making the playoffs. I don't see any easy answer to this. Porcello is an enigma. Is there even a "real" Porcello. Erod has the talent, but has not developed the smarts quite yet. And Pom is a good five inning starter. I hate to say but I may have to change my mind about Price. They need him more than ever. What a predicament!

  12. #132
    The futility of our pitching going up against this behemoth lineup reminds me of The Undertaker's debut at Survivor Series. Tomorrow is Coco B. Ware's turn.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

    Though I try to find the answer to all the questions they ask
    Though I know it's impossible to go living through the past

    Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

  13. #133
    Quote Originally Posted by devildavid View Post
    The problem of Sale fading at the end of each season is not going away. But if you hold him back early in the season you risk not making the playoffs. I don't see any easy answer to this. Porcello is an enigma. Is there even a "real" Porcello. Erod has the talent, but has not developed the smarts quite yet. And Pom is a good five inning starter. I hate to say but I may have to change my mind about Price. They need him more than ever. What a predicament!
    I think the only enigma with Porcello is how the hell did he have a Cy Young season.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

    Though I try to find the answer to all the questions they ask
    Though I know it's impossible to go living through the past

    Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

  14. #134
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Star View Post
    I think the only enigma with Porcello is how the hell did he have a Cy Young season.
    Rick Porcello has posted an ERA+ over 100 in three of his nine MLB seasons: 114 in 2009, 113 in 2014 and the anomaly 142 in 2016:

    https://www.baseball-reference.com/p...orceri01.shtml

  15. #135
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Star View Post
    I think the only enigma with Porcello is how the hell did he have a Cy Young season.
    I was a Porcello skeptic from the start, but his Cy Young season won me over. Now I'm worried that I was right to be skeptical.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •