Register now to remove this ad

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 9/29 vs Astros - the CLINCH

"Just one more thing..." Northern Star's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Station 13 View Post
    Next year I would like Sale, Otani and only one of Erod, Porcello, Pom in this rotation. Price should be back hopefully. Then find another starer who isn't a can of gasoline.
    No to Otani. HELL NO to Otani. I don't care if he's the second coming of Christ.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

Get some runs you slugs!

Deity
    That's 2 scoreless innings. I'll keep rubbing this in at least until the Astros have a big inning--if they do. Why? Because I am the only freaking person on this thread who expressed any confidence whatsoever in Fister.

Deity
    By the way, in case no one noticed--and clearly no one else has--Morton so far has shown nasty stuff and very good command of his pitches.

This team is so damn futile.

Deity
    Morton routinely does what few--Fister may be the exception--of our starters or relievers do. He keeps the ball low in the zone--not all the time, but a lot of the time. That plus the 97 mph fast ball plus the curve plus that nasty splitter (better than a slider or changeup) makes Morton pretty tough. So far, anyway.

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxbialystock View Post
    That's 2 scoreless innings. I'll keep rubbing this in at least until the Astros have a big inning--if they do. Why? Because I am the only freaking person on this thread who expressed any confidence whatsoever in Fister.
    Wouldn't be ironic if FISTER, of all pitchers, pitched the pennant clinching game for us.

Quote Originally Posted by FredLynn View Post
    Wouldn't be ironic if FISTER, of all pitchers, pitched the pennant clinching game for us.
    Fingers crossed.

Deity
    Bad pitch on the 2-0 count by Fister--a fastball slightly up in the zone which the hitter was clearly looking for.

Deity
    Ain't that something? A Sox starter besides Sale who can actually field his position. Shocking.

So far the best pitching we have had in days.

Deity
    Good throw by Betts gets that guy going home. When is the lineup going to show they came to play? Is this how they plan to be in the postseason? Hitless and not so good supporting the pitcher?

Mookie is fucking up, what is going on.

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxbialystock View Post
    Good throw by Betts gets that guy going home. When is the lineup going to show they came to play? Is this how they plan to be in the postseason? Hitless and not so good supporting the pitcher?
    Unfortunately, the opposing pitcher is looking pretty good tonight.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by TylerD View Post
    So far the best pitching we have had in days.
    Wrong. It's the only pitching--by a starter--we have seen in the last five days including this one.

This guy is a pitcher, not a thrower. The other guys--sadly, including Sale--are more throwers than pitchers. And choke artists (not Sale).

Has anyone else besides me also noticed that Fister is conscientious about holding runners on 1b? No other starter does that as well.