Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Astros, 9/30

Astros, 9/30

Pomeranz vs. McCullers.

Probably our best shot to take one.

Don't let me down now
    University of Connecticut Class of 2021

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Hitting the ball with his nose was the best contact Pedroia has made in 3 games. Who needs Pedey, we have Brock Holt.

Find a way to win!!!!! We were so close last night!!!!

Watching this, the most important game of the year so far, and WHERE THE HELL IS EVERYBODY? Rain this AM? I would think the place would be over flowing if it was snowing!

Nice first by Pom. Good to see JBJ in CF--if he can only hit.

Quote Originally Posted by bosoxmal View Post
    Watching this, the most important game of the year so far, and WHERE THE HELL IS EVERYBODY? Rain this AM? I would think the place would be over flowing if it was snowing!
    Crowds have been small throughout this homestand. First four games averaged 34K, last night over 36K but not 37K.
    Last edited by Maxbialystock; 09-30-2017 at 12:22 PM.

McCullers seems to have command of three good pitches--95 mph fast ball, knuckle curve, and changeup. Pom just has the two--no changeup--although sometimes he throws a cut fastball.

Offense of course can't get off to an early start. Alright Poms. See what you got.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxbialystock View Post
    McCullers seems to have command of three good pitches--95 mph fast ball, knuckle curve, and changeup. Pom just has the two--no changeup--although sometimes he throws a cut fastball.
    I don't personally focus too much on how many pitches a pitcher has. Hell sometimes you can screw them up by making them throw different pitches. Look at Osuna for the Jays. He basically had one pitch that worked perfect for him and they tried to add in a couple other pitches and he has been horrible since the All Star break. Poms until his last start has been good for us. If a pitcher has one or two good pitches I'm fine with it as long as he plays well.

Here's another movie quote: "I've got a bad feeling about this."
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

Though I try to find the answer to all the questions they ask
    Though I know it's impossible to go living through the past

Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

I got my Poms Poms out today.... I'm getting a special visitor later today... Perhaps some real BJ mojo this time?
    University of Connecticut Class of 2021

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Hitting the ball with his nose was the best contact Pedroia has made in 3 games. Who needs Pedey, we have Brock Holt.

So far Pom is riding the knuckle curve for all it is worth. 2 innings, 24 pitches to get through Astros first hitters.

Quote Originally Posted by bosoxmal View Post
    It’s a Saturday afternoon game. People have families and other more important things to attend to.
    Fire Farrell - fucking check mark!
    Trade Pedroia
    Sign JD Martinez to play 1B/DH
    Sign Alex Cora for MGR - check plus!