Register now to remove this ad

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 73

Thread: Sox won AL East

  1. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post

    Despite your graciousness, I hope your boys lose to the Twins.
    Without looking it up, I don't think the Yanks have EVER lost to the Twins in the playoffs.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

    Though I try to find the answer to all the questions they ask
    Though I know it's impossible to go living through the past

    Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

  2. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    Or 2 back to back last place finishes.
    We finished in last place...

    5 times in row (8th out of 8 teams) 1926-1930
    (Last in 7 our of 8 and 8 out of 10)
    --Carrigan was the manager for 3 straight
    --L Fohl for 2 straight

  3. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Star View Post
    Without looking it up, I don't think the Yanks have EVER lost to the Twins in the playoffs.
    Well then, the Law of Averages favor the Twins.

  4. #19
    I bet the Indians are hoping they face the Twins, Yanks are going to give them a series. If Bentances and Chapman get hot with that kid Green, they have a BP that could give the Indians trouble.
    Last edited by OH FOY!; 09-30-2017 at 06:30 PM.

  5. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by OH FOY! View Post
    I bet the Indians are hoping they face the Twins, Yanks are going to give them a series. If Bentances and Chapman get hot with that kid Green, they have a BP that could give the Indians trouble.
    The addition of Price to our pen has turned ours into a top pen as well.

    (They had pretty good numbers before Price.)

    Plus, since the start of the year, we have added Workman, Reed and Smith as well.

  6. #21
    Wouldn't shock me if its the Sox and Yanks for Pennant. I think the coming out party this Post-season will be Bird. This kid can hit.
    Last edited by OH FOY!; 09-30-2017 at 06:40 PM.

  7. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    Less than nothing to do with this.
    Theo's 2011 draft didn't?

  8. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by OH FOY! View Post
    Wouldn't shock me if its the Sox and Yanks for Pennant.
    I don't know, Cleveland looks the best team in baseball and they were 5-2 against the Yankees this year. But anything can happen.

  9. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    Thanks jacko. It wasn't easy. We can all relax tomorrow now and get ready for the postseason.
    I am against taking the foot off the pedal.

    Hammer the 'stros again Sunday.
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.


    "It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

  10. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    The addition of Price to our pen has turned ours into a top pen as well.

    (They had pretty good numbers before Price.)

    Plus, since the start of the year, we have added Workman, Reed and Smith as well.
    That kid Green got by me, 69 Innings with a 103 K's.

  11. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    I don't know, Cleveland looks the best team in baseball and they were 5-2 against the Yankees this year. But anything can happen.
    100 win teams have done pretty bad in LDS against 90 win teams in last 30 years. 14-21 and eliminated 11 times.
    Last edited by OH FOY!; 09-30-2017 at 06:52 PM.

  12. #27
    Houston and Cleveland in the ALCS.

    I'm okay with that since I did not expect the Sox to get that far this season anyway.

    Hats off to David Price.
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.


    "It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

  13. #28
    I assume the Yanks-Twin game is in NYC. Not good news for the Twins. It seems to me they play very poorly there.

    But I am very confident that Cleveland will beat the Yanks.

    Our job right now is to win one of the first two games, and then try to win it all at home.

  14. #29
    We can beat Cleveland. With our pen and Girardi unleashed, I think we can beat them. We can outlast Kluber and Carrasco. My concern is Keuchel. You guys need to beat them. We NEVER hit him and against us, he can go 9.

  15. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    Congrats guys. Good fight for the division. See you in the playoffs, I hope
    Thanks. Your surprising Yankees battled to the bitter end.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •