Register now to remove this ad

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Sox won AL East

Super, Duper Moderator Youk Of The Nation's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    We can beat Cleveland. With our pen and Girardi unleashed, I think we can beat them.
    You don't really believe that any more than I do. The Yankees squeaked into the playoff by the skin of their teeth. Cleveland has proven themselves to be one of the best teams, if not the best team, in the AL. The Yankees are toast. Hell, I think the Sox are probably toast if they meet the Indians in the ALCS, though I hope I'm incorrect about that. The Sox have a much better chance to beat them than the Yankees do, anyways. The best the Yankees can hope for is to beat the Twins and force at least a 4th game in the ALDS so Judge can start padding his postseason resume.
    Quote Originally Posted by YANKEESRULE View Post
    Yea got hand it to the Sox, they just could not go queitly into the night. Well, they are just post-poning the inevitable.
    - From the 2004 ALCS Game 4 Gamethread. A reminder that no game is over until the final out is recorded, and things will always get better. Misspellings unchanged as a reminder that Yankees fans are just terrible.

One series at a time! We need to focus on Houston!

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    Don't forget Ben!
    I can't remember....where is he working now?

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudboy View Post
    Houston and Cleveland in the ALCS.

I'm okay with that since I did not expect the Sox to get that far this season anyway.

Hats off to David Price.
    Going into the season I thought that the Sox had the best balanced team in the league. With Price, Sale, the reigning Cy Young winner, and Pomeranz I thought our SP was far and away the best in baseball. Add ERod and Wright and we also were deep. Then Betts, Hanley, Bogaerts, and so forth had down years offensively. I for one expected more....I thought they would be able to contend for a ring. Just happy they beat out the Yankees now.

Quote Originally Posted by Youk Of The Nation View Post
    You don't really believe that any more than I do. The Yankees squeaked into the playoff by the skin of their teeth. Cleveland has proven themselves to be one of the best teams, if not the best team, in the AL. The Yankees are toast. Hell, I think the Sox are probably toast if they meet the Indians in the ALCS, though I hope I'm incorrect about that. The Sox have a much better chance to beat them than the Yankees do, anyways. The best the Yankees can hope for is to beat the Twins and force at least a 4th game in the ALDS so Judge can start padding his postseason resume.
    We didn’t “squeak” into the playoffs. We have 91 wins and the second best run differential in baseball. We also have the deepest pen of all the teams in the postseason. We clinched a postseason berth over a week ago. Plus, I entirely believe we can beat Cleveland, but we clearly need to take care of business Tuesday before we can talk about that. With our pen, we can have our starter go 4 innings and then just unload with pitchers with big arms and tiny ERA’s. We wouldn’t even need to burn out a guy like the Indians did with Miller a year ago. Our offense can hit as well and is finally healthy. We also have an ace that can matchup with anyone and a top 3 in Sevy, Gray, and CC that can stand up to all team’s starters except maybe Washington’s. I’m not saying that if we win Tuesday, that we’re locks for the WS. I just don’t think it’s the whitewash you’re proposing.

Deity
    I am against taking the foot off the pedal.

Hammer the 'stros again Sunday.
    yup

Deity
    Houston and Cleveland in the ALCS.

I'm okay with that since I did not expect the Sox to get that far this season anyway.

Hats off to David Price.
    I'm with you on this one. This team has over achieved all year. I really started to like them after Farrell confronted Pomeranz in the dugout after he appeared upset over the early exit. I don't buy in to the theories that promote the "below their norm" performances by so many of these guys. Statistics can be made to paint the picture that you want to see. Hard to disagree with the facts - I just do in this case I guess. Somebody was able to milk out every last bit of ability that these guys had to give. Regardless of what anybody thinks of his in-game blunders, don't you have to give Farrell and his coaching staff some credit? I do. Now, with all that being said, if I was actually playing or coaching in the American league, the Red Sox would be the team I would least like to play. They are just to0 unpredictable. They could lose early - they could go all the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    Theo's 2011 draft didn't?
    Zilch. This is DD’s team. The only MLB player left from 2011 is Pedroia. All those MiLB guys were just fungible assets and not Theo guys.
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

We finished in last place...

5 times in row (8th out of 8 teams) 1926-1930
    (Last in 7 our of 8 and 8 out of 10)
    --Carrigan was the manager for 3 straight
    --L Fohl for 2 straight
    What was it like in those years for you?
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    Zilch. This is DD’s team. The only MLB player left from 2011 is Pedroia. All those MiLB guys were just fungible assets and not Theo guys.
    So you're counting Betts as a DD guy. You just have your own little rules for everything, don't you, Guru?

Very excited for the playoffs! What a great feel to the season so far... Price's clutch relief appearance felt like a historic moment.

I don't know, Cleveland looks the best team in baseball and they were 5-2 against the Yankees this year. But anything can happen.
    Pretty much nobody, myself included, is giving the Twins a chance against the Yankees. But it's one game, and anything can happen. I'm holding out hope that the Yankees don't even make to Cleveland.

So you're counting Betts as a DD guy. You just have your own little rules for everything, don't you, Guru?
    Even the Dombrowski guys were only made possible because of the strong farm left by Theo and Ben. No Theo and Ben, no Sale or Kimbrel.

Quote Originally Posted by Navafan29 View Post
    Very excited for the playoffs! What a great feel to the season so far... Price's clutch relief appearance felt like a historic moment.
    Price's performance was huge. That was the biggest spot of the game, IMO.

I might add that I loved the fist pump after Price struck out Springer on 3 pitches.

Now that the division is clinched, there is no need to keep the pedal to the metal for this last game. Rest whoever is tired/injured and needs to be rested. The Astros will be doing the same. The outcome of today's game will have zero impact on the outcome of the division series.