Register now to remove this ad

Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 325

Thread: 2017 MLB Post Season

  1. #1

    2017 MLB Post Season

    It begins with the battered Twins and MFY tonight. I want the Twins to turn the table and the MFY are the ones lubing up tonight.

  2. #2
    Same, but I don't think the Twins stand a chance, unless it's one of those magical nights where nobody can touch Ervin Santana
    University of Connecticut Class of 2021

    Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Hitting the ball with his nose was the best contact Pedroia has made in 3 games. Who needs Pedey, we have Brock Holt.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    Same, but I don't think the Twins stand a chance, unless it's one of those magical nights where nobody can touch Ervin Santana
    Prediction: The Twins take an early 1 or 2 run lead and then the Yankees overtake them in the 5th inning or later. That is the script for this bad rerun.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dojji View Post
    [T]he conclusion to be drawn is that there is no practical value in seeking this ideal lineup, and in that case any way in which it might be meaningfully termed "best" is irrelevant, academic at best, pedantic at worst
    Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Unlike hot streaks and clutch, the “Cliff” is a myth. It can’t be defined, and it’s future existence cannot be proved.

  4. #4
    Joe choker Nathan is not around to blow a save, but you're right, the Twins will send of clown blow a lead if they got one.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Station 13 View Post
    Joe choker Nathan is not around to blow a save, but you're right, the Twins will send of clown blow a lead if they got one.
    And Gardenhire is not around to go to reliever after reliever after the 5th inning until he found one to fail. In order for the Twins to win, Santana needs to go at least 7 innings.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dojji View Post
    [T]he conclusion to be drawn is that there is no practical value in seeking this ideal lineup, and in that case any way in which it might be meaningfully termed "best" is irrelevant, academic at best, pedantic at worst
    Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Unlike hot streaks and clutch, the “Cliff” is a myth. It can’t be defined, and it’s future existence cannot be proved.

  6. #6
    Sevy needs to be on his game tonight. Santana is a good pitcher and he always gives a good outing against us. The thing with him is working the count. We worked his count this year and got him out after 5.2IP. The Twins dealt away their closer at the deadline and Glen Perkins is a shell of himself. If we can match the Twins through 5, get Santana out in the 6th and turn the ball over to our beefed up pen, we win.
    The rebuild is complete.

  7. #7
    If Severino is on it's pretty much lights out for the Twinkies.

    The Yankees have too much talent in the pen and can swat the shit out of the ball.

    If this is not a fucking blow-out then it will at least be a convincing win for New York.
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.


    "It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

  8. #8
    Go Twins!

  9. #9
    Tonight we are all Twins fans.
    Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flap View Post
    Tonight we are all Twins fans.
    Absolutely. I don't think the Twins stand a chance, but stranger things have happened.

  11. #11
    LET'S GO TWINS

    win it for the ghost of Gardenhire and Nathan.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    Absolutely. I don't think the Twins stand a chance, but stranger things have happened.
    Are Mystique and Aura in town?
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

    Though I try to find the answer to all the questions they ask
    Though I know it's impossible to go living through the past

    Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

  13. #13
    Heart says Twins 10-2 but head says Yankees 7-1. I just don't think the Twins have the horses. Story of their life.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

    Though I try to find the answer to all the questions they ask
    Though I know it's impossible to go living through the past

    Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flap View Post
    Every night we are all fans of Yankees' opponents.
    ...
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

    Though I try to find the answer to all the questions they ask
    Though I know it's impossible to go living through the past

    Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

  15. #15
    Bye, Colorado.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

    Though I try to find the answer to all the questions they ask
    Though I know it's impossible to go living through the past

    Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •