Register now to remove this ad

Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122

Thread: 2017 MLB Post Season

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Star View Post
    not sure if serious.
    A reference to Ms. Upton I'm quite sure.

I haven't followed baseball very closely this season but what little I know tells me Houston was probably the best team in the majors - definitely AL, at least. They deserve the win.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

Hate will fuel your rage, drugs will get you high, money buys respect, love will get you by.

Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Star View Post
    I haven't followed baseball very closely this season but what little I know tells me Houston was probably the best team in the majors - definitely AL, at least. They deserve the win.
    Houston does deserve it, there's no question about that.

I really Cleveland was the best team going into the playoffs, but crazy shit happens...who would have thought Kluber would pitch so badly?

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    Willie McGee was famously nicknamed "E.T."

But how does this discussion get this long with no mention of Randy Johnson?
    Well technically, Randy Johnson was mentioned in the 4th post.

Randy Johnson had one of the great lines I've ever heard. For some reason it was on the subject what you would do if someone breaks into your house. He said 'I've got a box of baseballs in the basement, and I'd be coming up throwing.' I can't help picturing this.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    Randy Johnson had one of the great lines I've ever heard. For some reason it was on the subject what you would do if someone breaks into your house. He said 'I've got a box of baseballs in the basement, and I'd be coming up throwing.' I can't help picturing this.
    Unless the robber had a gun he would be terrified. Imagine that ugly pizza face on that 6'10" frame heaving baseballs at you and hitting you.

Yikes.
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

Quote Originally Posted by Spudboy View Post
    Unless the robber had a gun he would be terrified. Imagine that ugly pizza face on that 6'10" frame heaving baseballs at you and hitting you.

Yikes.
    Randy Johnson is 54 years old and hasn't played baseball in almost a decade, and I bet he could still decapitate someone with a few baseballs.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    Helpful if his house is being broken into by a bird. But what if it was Jon Kruk?

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    Helpful if his house is being broken into by a bird. But what if it was Jon Kruk?
    Then Johnson could call the police at his leisure while Kruk is stuck in the window frame.