Register now to remove this ad

Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 324

Thread: 2017 MLB Post Season

  1. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by Station 13 View Post
    Lester pitching well. Why can't we get players like that.
    We can. Until they turn a certain age.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

    Hate will fuel your rage, drugs will get you high, money buys respect, love will get you by.

    Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

  2. #32
    Is Washington's playoff futility going to continue?
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

    Hate will fuel your rage, drugs will get you high, money buys respect, love will get you by.

    Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

  3. #33
    Freakin Harper. No doubt about it.

  4. #34
    It is all about the HR's this post season, and we have a lineup full of Keebler Elves.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    This is true. Baseball is such a random sport.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dojji View Post
    [T]he conclusion to be drawn is that there is no practical value in seeking this ideal lineup, and in that case any way in which it might be meaningfully termed "best" is irrelevant, academic at best, pedantic at worst

  5. #35
    Upon further review: OH SHIT
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

    Hate will fuel your rage, drugs will get you high, money buys respect, love will get you by.

    Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

  6. #36
    This is why we need some HR power next year.

  7. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    It is all about the HR's this post season, and we have a lineup full of Keebler Elves.
    Quote Originally Posted by Station 13 View Post
    This is why we need some HR power next year.
    So I got my fat ass up from the sofa to post these ideas.

    "Oh we don't need home runs. We have run prevention!!!!!!!!"


    Ah blow me. Not only do chics love the long ball, everyone besides statheads loves home runs.

    Lester had a great outing. He escaped a "bags juiced" situation only to see a victory turn to shit by two swings of the bat that yielded 6 runs.

    I saw a stadium full of people screaming with joy over each shot. It's the most exciting play in the game. Yeah, I like seeing good pitching and good defense. But I won't pay $200. to go to see a game of it.

    No, a serious contender should have 1-2 guys that bring the thunder. If you lack the ability to go long in today's game you are writing a ticket for your team to loserville.

    I love the Smurfs in the outfield but if we can't get instant offense from each one of them my team blows goats.

    I don't blame DD for the dearth of swat on the Sox. I blame Boy Blunder since he was the stupid shit who left the Sox without the financial flexibility to go get 2-3 big bats with his stupid acquisitions of has been and never was talent.

    Anyone thinking that the current lineup could or would produce sufficient offense miscalculated.

    I do find it ironic that these same people continue to say "pitching and defense wins in the playoffs".

    They should now feel waves of shame as they stare blankly into their databases.

    Give me a team that can hit with good pitching any day.
    Last edited by Spudboy; 10-07-2017 at 08:04 PM.
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.


    "It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

  8. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by Station 13 View Post
    This is why we need some HR power next year.
    Just pick 3 Astros randomly and add them to the Sox and I would be really happy. Hell, just one, but I am being greedy.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

    Hate will fuel your rage, drugs will get you high, money buys respect, love will get you by.

    Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

  9. #39
    Giving up 1st inning runs seems so familiar for some reason but I can't put my finger on why.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

    Hate will fuel your rage, drugs will get you high, money buys respect, love will get you by.

    Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

  10. #40
    More HRs, Goldschmidt with a 1st inning HR. The Re Sox are the only ALDS team without a HR.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    This is true. Baseball is such a random sport.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dojji View Post
    [T]he conclusion to be drawn is that there is no practical value in seeking this ideal lineup, and in that case any way in which it might be meaningfully termed "best" is irrelevant, academic at best, pedantic at worst

  11. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    More HRs, Goldschmidt with a 1st inning HR. The Re Sox are the only ALDS team without a HR.
    What are you doing, Dave?
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

    Hate will fuel your rage, drugs will get you high, money buys respect, love will get you by.

    Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

  12. #42
    Let the second guessing begin. Did Dusty Baker pull Max Scherzer too early? How do you lose a 1-0 lead from the seventh inning on without using your two best relievers? Yes, the winning hit came on a blooper, but the fact that it came off Oliver Perez instead of Ryan Madson or Sean Doolittle has to hurt. On the other hand ... one run (thanks to an error) isn't going to cut it.


    David Schoenfield, ESPN Senior Writer


    I wouldn't trust Oliver Perez to take out the trash, never mind pitching in a postseason game.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

    Hate will fuel your rage, drugs will get you high, money buys respect, love will get you by.

    Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

  13. #43
    Seem to remember Perez coming on in extra innings of a big game a few years back and whichever team it was for, they got away with the first inning, but allowed him to go back out for a second wherein he promptly served up a game-ending 2-run bomb.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

    Hate will fuel your rage, drugs will get you high, money buys respect, love will get you by.

    Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

  14. #44
    Cubs should wait until 1:00 AM to play this game tonight

  15. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Star View Post
    Let the second guessing begin. Did Dusty Baker pull Max Scherzer too early? How do you lose a 1-0 lead from the seventh inning on without using your two best relievers? Yes, the winning hit came on a blooper, but the fact that it came off Oliver Perez instead of Ryan Madson or Sean Doolittle has to hurt. On the other hand ... one run (thanks to an error) isn't going to cut it.


    David Schoenfield, ESPN Senior Writer


    I wouldn't trust Oliver Perez to take out the trash, never mind pitching in a postseason game.
    Putting Solis in was a terrible move anyway, and then sticking with him against Almora instead of Kintzler was even worse.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •