Register now to remove this ad

Page 28 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1826272829 LastLast

Thread: Yankees-Indians ALDS

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    It should be. Houston has more now talent, but if we can get in a fight of the pens, we have them. We need to take 1 in Houston and that is no easy task.
    Houston offense is for real, let's see if our pitching can keep up the good performance

This team doesn't fucking quit. We were down 3-0 vs Minnesota and we beat them. We were down 0-2 in this series and we beat them. After game 1, we dominated this series. Our manager gave game 2 to them and then we spanked them 3 in a row. Fucking A man. This team is developing rapidly and we might be a dynasty starting early
    hahahahaha. did you really just bust out "dynasty"?!?
    talk about getting ahead of yourself...what the fuck.
    good luck with that.
    other names i have posted under: none

It should be. Houston has more now talent, but if we can get in a fight of the pens, we have them. We need to take 1 in Houston and that is no easy task.
    As long as the Yankees pitching doesn't implode like the Red Sox they should stand a good chance. You need your starters to go at least 4 innings against Houston (something the Red Sox couldn't do the entire series) We got down early and often the first 2 games to Houston and had zero chance. The Yankees should be able to make it a good series. My god a team that beat Cleveland, Houston and LA if they make the World Series could go down as one of the toughest mountains to climb to win a World Series ever. That would be pretty impressive.

This team doesn't fucking quit. We were down 3-0 vs Minnesota and we beat them. We were down 0-2 in this series and we beat them. After game 1, we dominated this series. Our manager gave game 2 to them and then we spanked them 3 in a row. Fucking A man. This team is developing rapidly and we might be a dynasty starting early
    Dynasty? LOL!! The boss is dead. The boys will rest on their laurels if they win this year. I am hoping that they get to the WS and lose. Hank will assume that he has a young team on the rise and will mainly stand pat with no major moves. The young guys will start to believe their press clippings, enjoy the banquet circuit, and next year the pitchers will adjust to them and they will come out flat. Their will be no Dynasty. Once and done, if that.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Dynasty? LOL!! The boss is dead. The boys will rest on their laurels if they win this year. I am hoping that they get to the WS and lose. Hank will assume that he has a young team on the rise and will mainly stand pat with no major moves. The young guys will start to believe their press clippings, enjoy the banquet circuit, and next year the pitchers will adjust to them and they will come out flat. Their will be no Dynasty. Once and done, if that.
    Oh Lordy.

This is some good shit.
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

Lmao, damn......... them are fighting words

Quote Originally Posted by TylerD View Post
    Lmao, damn......... them are fighting words
    Those are nothing compared to what I have stored up for the Red Sox who thought they would cruise this year and under performed throughout the season while a less talented younger Yankee team ate their lunch whenever they squared off and who came back from a 0-2 hole against the hottest team in baseball bailing out their manager. Our guys couldn't get it done as our offense was hapless. A $200 million banjo hitting lineup. Note to DD: Everyone knows that the power hitters make the big money. How is it that you spent so much money on a bunch of singles hitters? Home Run Hitters drive Cadillacs. That was a saying from the 1950's. Today they drive Lambos.

Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

"Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

This is a damn good team and one that has the depth behind it to continue to be good. We aren’t in a typical Yankee position where we have to sign someone. We’ve got minor league depth beyond anything I’ve seen. We can make trades or we can promote from within. This is a dangerous spot for us to be in, playing with house money with a young, good team

This is a damn good team and one that has the depth behind it to continue to be good. We aren’t in a typical Yankee position where we have to sign someone. We’ve got minor league depth beyond anything I’ve seen. We can make trades or we can promote from within. This is a dangerous spot for us to be in, playing with house money with a young, good team
    I understand. You are all giddy right now, but your team has gone very far with very marginal starting pitching.

Those are nothing compared to what I have stored up for the Red Sox who thought they would cruise this year and under performed throughout the season while a less talented younger Yankee team ate their lunch whenever they squared off and who came back from a 0-2 hole against the hottest team in baseball bailing out their manager. Our guys couldn't get it done as our offense was hapless. A $200 million banjo hitting lineup. Note to DD: Everyone knows that the power hitters make the big money. How is it that you spent so much money on a bunch of singles hitters? Home Run Hitters drive Cadillacs. That was a saying from the 1950's. Today they drive Lambos.
    Yup couldn't agree more. We are the laughing stock of the Playoffs the last two seasons. Swept last year and won 1 game this year. It's embarrassing. Being last in home runs bit us right in the ass..... Not to mention having our 2 hottest pitchers (Sale & Poms) Stink it up in game 1 and 2. Being down 2-0 to the talents of Houston is a tough hole to climb out of. Winning 3 straight over a team like that is slim to none. Disgusted with how this year turned out. Even worse with the Yankees advancing..... I still can't see the Yanks beating Cleveland, Houston and then whoever they play in the World Series.... Likely the Dodgers. If they do I will hide under my bed for the next couple years.

Mindboggling Stat of the Day:

Aaron Judge struck out more times (16) in the ALDS than Tony Gwynn did in the entire 1995 season (15).

(Gwynn played in 135 games that year and had 577 PAs)
    Last edited by illinoisredsox; 10-12-2017 at 11:54 AM.
    The Yankees could go 0-162 and it wouldn't be enough

I understand. You are all giddy right now, but your team has gone very far with very marginal starting pitching.
    Severino was a CY contender. CC had a really good year. Gray is a solid #2. Tanaka is a lot better than his 2017 numbers showed. Montgomery had a very solid rookie campaign. I think you might be in denial. Our SP was a lot better than anyone could have imagined

Severino was a CY contender. CC had a really good year. Gray is a solid #2. Tanaka is a lot better than his 2017 numbers showed. Montgomery had a very solid rookie campaign. I think you might be in denial. Our SP was a lot better than anyone could have imagined
    CC had his last hurrah. It was very unexpected. Tanaka was very inconsistent this year, and when he was bad, he was awful. Gray is not a solid #2. I am glad that you are comfortable moving forward with this group. i would not be comfortable with them.

I wish we had Gray, especially at his cost. He's a solid #2 with a significant chance at being a #1 next season.

The 24 year old, Montgomery, shows a lot of promise, but we'll see about next year.

Can the Yanks sign Darvish and still get under the limit, like the said they wanted to do?

CC had his last hurrah. It was very unexpected. Tanaka was very inconsistent this year, and when he was bad, he was awful. Gray is not a solid #2. I am glad that you are comfortable moving forward with this group. i would not be comfortable with them.
    I think Sonny Gray isn't a bad pitcher at all. He had some very nice games this year. I agree I am not sure he is a solid #2 but he is a good pitcher to have in the rotation. I doubt the Yankees hold on to this rotation going forward though especially with CC getting up there in age. Yankees might go after another pitcher in the off season.