Register now to remove this ad

Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 19272829
Results 421 to 428 of 428

Thread: Yankees-Indians ALDS

  1. #421
    CC is a FA. We definitely can sign Darvish and stay under the cap, my only question is whether Darvish will be worth it. He wasn’t great this year and has been injury prone. He’ll want to be paid as an ace

  2. #422
    Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    CC is a FA. We definitely can sign Darvish and stay under the cap, my only question is whether Darvish will be worth it. He wasn’t great this year and has been injury prone. He’ll want to be paid as an ace
    I almost forgot about Darvish. I just remember his last start for Texas was ugly..... but didn't follow him much once he signed with the Dodgers a little over a month ago. I think as soon as he signed with the Dodgers he missed some time with a bad back. Might be a risky sign depending how much money he asks for.

  3. #423
    Quote Originally Posted by TylerD View Post
    I think Sonny Gray isn't a bad pitcher at all. He had some very nice games this year. I agree I am not sure he is a solid #2 but he is a good pitcher to have in the rotation. I doubt the Yankees hold on to this rotation going forward though especially with CC getting up there in age. Yankees might go after another pitcher in the off season.
    Sonny Gray finisihed 40th in SP'er WAR this year at 2.8. If you count the first 30 as "aces", then he's a solid #2 by WAR.

    He placed 33 in ERA- at 82 (better than Darvish).
    Her placed 30th in WHIP. Both these stats show him near top 30 and the "ace" status he once held before the injuries.

    From 2013 to 2015, he finished 14th in ERA- at 76 and 23rd in WHIP at 1.14.

    He had a 6.9 WAR from 2014 to 2015 (23rd in MLB).

    He's an ace when healthy. He was a solid #2 this year.

  4. #424
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    Sonny Gray finisihed 40th in SP'er WAR this year at 2.8. If you count the first 30 as "aces", then he's a solid #2 by WAR.

    He placed 33 in ERA- at 82 (better than Darvish).
    Her placed 30th in WHIP. Both these stats show him near top 30 and the "ace" status he once held before the injuries.

    From 2013 to 2015, he finished 14th in ERA- at 76 and 23rd in WHIP at 1.14.

    He had a 6.9 WAR from 2014 to 2015 (23rd in MLB).

    He's an ace when healthy. He was a solid #2 this year.
    Wow, might be a good pickup for the Yankees or whoever gets him as long as the asking price is decent. Tough to say with inconsistent pitchers or pitchers that are injured quite a bit what they will ask for.

  5. #425
    Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    CC is a FA. We definitely can sign Darvish and stay under the cap, my only question is whether Darvish will be worth it. He wasn’t great this year and has been injury prone. He’ll want to be paid as an ace
    I don't like Darvish, but if Tanaka opts out he might be a better bet going forward

  6. #426
    So was Kluber's back problem to blame for his ineffectiveness?
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

    Hate will fuel your rage, drugs will get you high, money buys respect, love will get you by.

    Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

  7. #427
    Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    CC is a FA. We definitely can sign Darvish and stay under the cap, my only question is whether Darvish will be worth it. He wasn’t great this year and has been injury prone. He’ll want to be paid as an ace
    What kind of ace goes >200 IP and <3.00 ERA only once each?
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

    Hate will fuel your rage, drugs will get you high, money buys respect, love will get you by.

    Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

  8. #428
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Star View Post
    So was Kluber's back problem to blame for his ineffectiveness?
    That or maybe the pressure got to him, or a combination of both. Something tells me we will never know lol.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •