Register now to remove this ad

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Yankees-Twins Wild Card game

Yankees-Twins Wild Card game

Severino vs Santana. Sounds like Sano will PH but won’t be in the lineup. That’s a big loss on their end, but they played like gangbusters without him in the last two months. It’s a one gamer. We wipe them out in a series with home field, but anything can happen in a one gamer. Here’s to hoping the Yankees prevail!
    Hal sucks

Go Yankees!!!

It's just one game, hope we can just walk over the Twinkies.

5-2 Yankees

17-0 Twins.
    other names i have posted under: none

7 - 1 Yankees

Yankees are a massive -256 ML favorite.

Here’s the thing that I don’t get from sox fans and something I’ve already admitted on my playoff spots. I clearly don’t think “rooting” for a team makes any difference on the game, but it does change perspective.

Would any sox fan want the Yankees to lose, even if it damages their team’s playoff hopes?

If the Twins pull off the upset tonight, then they’re going to get smashed by the Indians. Santana and Berrios are their only two good starters and Santana would be relegated to a single game. Kluber and Carrasco will already have a 2-0 lead on the Twins by the time Santana returns. If the Twins win tonight, you are effectively getting the Indians with their rotation intact. If the Yankees win, then all bets are off. You’re still getting the Indians in terms of likelihood, but there’s a far greater chance of a Yankees upset and a far better chance that Kluber has to throw twice and likely delayed until game 3, which is always good. Also, if the Yankees win tonight and win the series with the Indians, then the sox have a far greater chance to win the AL as any Yankee-Sox series is destined for 7 and when there’s a game 7, anything can happen. I cannot stand the sox. But if the Yankees win tonight, I am rooting for them to beat Houston because I know my team will have a better shot at a World Series with Houston out of the way. I anticipate sox fans who are rational would think the same way about NYY vs CLE, but how many rational sox fans are there, right? Lol

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    Here’s the thing that I don’t get from sox fans and something I’ve already admitted on my playoff spots. I clearly don’t think “rooting” for a team makes any difference on the game, but it does change perspective.

Would any sox fan want the Yankees to lose, even if it damages their team’s playoff hopes?

If the Twins pull off the upset tonight, then they’re going to get smashed by the Indians. Santana and Berrios are their only two good starters and Santana would be relegated to a single game. Kluber and Carrasco will already have a 2-0 lead on the Twins by the time Santana returns. If the Twins win tonight, you are effectively getting the Indians with their rotation intact. If the Yankees win, then all bets are off. You’re still getting the Indians in terms of likelihood, but there’s a far greater chance of a Yankees upset and a far better chance that Kluber has to throw twice and likely delayed until game 3, which is always good. Also, if the Yankees win tonight and win the series with the Indians, then the sox have a far greater chance to win the AL as any Yankee-Sox series is destined for 7 and when there’s a game 7, anything can happen. I cannot stand the sox. But if the Yankees win tonight, I am rooting for them to beat Houston because I know my team will have a better shot at a World Series with Houston out of the way. I anticipate sox fans who are rational would think the same way about NYY vs CLE, but how many rational sox fans are there, right? Lol
    Yep. 100% agree with this, except I want the Twins to win because I am rooting for Cleveland to win it all if the Red Sox can't. I want the Indians to play the Twins so that they are a safer bet to move on. But, under ordinary circumstances, I would be rooting for the Yankees.
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    I can't disagree with you

No Miguel Sano in the lineup for the Twins

Confirmed

Interesting. They’ve either told him to run gingerly or that he’ll be PR for if he reaches base

Oops read it wrong
    Last edited by jacksonianmarch; 10-03-2017 at 12:43 PM.

He's not even on the Wild Card roster
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    I can't disagree with you

Interesting. They’ve either told him to run gingerly or that he’ll be PR for if he reaches base.
    Looking forward to him flailing away at three Betances fastballs tonight in the 8th.

No Sano! He’s off the roster

No Sano! He’s off the roster
    Yep, not even available as a PH

I think the Twins have to use Berrios as a relief ace tonight if they want to win.