Thread: Yankees-Indians ALDS

Hybrid View

Yankees-Indians ALDS

Game 1 tomorrow
    Bauer vs TBD

Go get em Yanks!
    Hal sucks

Legend
    BA against Bauer sky rockets after the 3rd inning. He had a good August and Sept. but this will be a BP game. Swinging at the 1st Pitch against Bauer this year, batters have a .357 avg.

I wonder if Severino is in play for G2.

I think Sevy has to be in play for game 2. That lets him go game 5 as well. He was clearly nervous and also had no slider. It didn’t kill his team. That’s a good lesson to learn. I expect vintage Sevy going forward

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    I think Sevy has to be in play for game 2. That lets him go game 5 as well. He was clearly nervous and also had no slider. It didn’t kill his team. That’s a good lesson to learn. I expect vintage Sevy going forward
    It did not kill his team because the manager recognized what was happening and made the appropriate move.
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

Quote Originally Posted by Spudboy View Post
    It did not kill his team because the manager recognized what was happening and made the appropriate move.
    Yep

I don't understand how many fans are still asking for his head after the season, they don't have a clue of who is a bad/good manager

Quote Originally Posted by Carpin View Post
    Yep

I don't understand how many fans are still asking for his head after the season, they don't have a clue of who is a bad/good manager
    The same can be said of Sox fans.

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

Quote Originally Posted by Spudboy View Post
    The same can be said of Sox fans.
    I'm sure is the same all across the league, many fans are not happy with their manager feel they can do a better job than him

Bad weather predicted in Cleveland, might buy Sevy and the bullpen an extra day

Bad weather might help us and absolutely fuck the Indians. If game 2 gets pushed back, they use the off day. That would mean Kluber goes game 2 then on short rest in game 5.

Girardi reacted excellently. He had to pull him. Sevy has done this before. He allowed three runs in 3 batters vs the Brewers and shut them out for 7IP after that. We couldn’t wait to find out. I think you have to go with your hot hands in elimination games and he did so flawlessly.

Let's go WINDIANS!!!!!!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    I can't disagree with you

Gray in game 1. CC in game 2. Surprised we didn’t go Sevy there, but I get it. CC for 5 and then pen for the win

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    Gray in game 1. CC in game 2. Surprised we didn’t go Sevy there, but I get it. CC for 5 and then pen for the win
    Got to hand it to fatboy CC.

That guy can barely walk yet has found a way to be effective at the end of his career.

CC had to learn how to be a pitcher when his fastball didn’t average 89mph. He’s had a bit of a resurgence in velocity now sitting at 91 and his stuff plays up at the better velocity. Two starts ago, he was topping out at 94-95, something I hadn’t seen from him in years. If old CC can make a short return, then we’ve got something