Register now to remove this ad

Page 13 of 29 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Yankees-Indians ALDS

"Just one more thing..." Northern Star's Avatar
    What was that Glenn Frey song? The Sweep is On?
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Youk Of The Nation View Post
    Jacko, what exactly was the decision you are torching here? Green gave up the GS, but you were obviously in favor of having him in the game. I'm not being snide, I genuinely want to know exactly which decision of Girardi's is the one you are freaking out on right now
    1st and 2nd, 2 out, Chisenhall down 0-2. Green throws a pitch in that the ump calls a HBP. The ball clearly hit the bat and Sanchez caught it. Sanchez is yelling for his manager to challenge, and he doesn’t. If he challenges, the inning ends and we stay up 8-3. He doesn’t challenge and the next pitch is hit by Lindor off the foul pole for a grand slam.

It was the only time a manager is completely dependent on the outcome of the game. Challenge, and the inning ends and we win. Don’t challenge and face an MVP candidate with the bags full. It was asinine. Girardi was full on fuck head tonight. I wanted Green to be up early and he was. I was even calling for Green to come in in the 3rd, but Joe stuck with him. It was his only good call of the game. CC then retires 12 of 13 and Joe pulls him while he’s rolling. Green wasn’t as dominant, but he got out of that inning, but the idiot ump and our moron manager gave the Indians an extra base runner and an extra out, and we paid for it

It was the worst managerial decision in baseball history. His replay decision effectively wins us the game. Instead, he sticks his thumb in his ass and loses. I’m done with him. He lost all his goodwill with that dumb decision. He needs to be allowed to walk

Joel Sherman in NY Post: "Girardi's Legacy Will Forever be Tainted by this Debacle"

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    It was the only time a manager is completely dependent on the outcome of the game. Challenge, and the inning ends and we win. Don’t challenge and face an MVP candidate with the bags full. It was asinine. Girardi was full on fuck head tonight. I wanted Green to be up early and he was. I was even calling for Green to come in in the 3rd, but Joe stuck with him. It was his only good call of the game. CC then retires 12 of 13 and Joe pulls him while he’s rolling. Green wasn’t as dominant, but he got out of that inning, but the idiot ump and our moron manager gave the Indians an extra base runner and an extra out, and we paid for it
    By Girardi's own admission, CC had another 13 pitches in him, but gotta stick with the binder.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    Joel Sherman in NY Post: "Girardi's Legacy Will Forever be Tainted by this Debacle"
    Barring a win in the next 3 games, that debacle should close the book on Girardi

Pete Abraham‏Verified account @PeteAbe 10h10 hours ago

John Farrell moving up the playoff managerial rankings thanks to Joe Girardi.

Good one Pete.

He’s entirely right. Slam Farrell all you want, Girardi went from managerial stud to managerial dud in one night. The playoffs is when the best are supposed to shine and Girardi turtles. Then he has the audacity to say he “didn’t want to break Green’s rhythm.” This the guy who has more mound visits and catchers visits than any other team. Take responsibility you shit head. He’s dead to me

Girardi is being destroyed everywhere, and not just for the challenge failure, some of the other moves in the game as well, and for his postgame excuses. This really might be the worst game a manager has ever had.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    Girardi is being destroyed everywhere, and not just for the challenge failure, some of the other moves in the game as well, and for his postgame excuses. This really might be the worst game a manager has ever had.
    Agreed

Managers preach accountability and if your manager has no accountability, then he’s useless

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    Agreed

Managers preach accountability and if your manager has no accountability, then he’s useless
    I am not one to blame managers for costing the team the game, and no, I don't think Girardi lost that game for the Yankees.

However, it really is a head scratcher as to why Girardi didn't challenge that play. There's no excuse for that.

Cashman: “We Are Getting Under The Threshold Next Year”

By Mark Polishuk | October 6, 2017 at 12:43pm CDT

The Yankees have long sought to reset their luxury tax penalty clock, and with payroll now finally nearing the tax’s cutoff point, GM Brian Cashman tells Joel Sherman of the New York Post are committed to getting under the $197MM threshold this winter.

“We haven’t had [offseason] meetings like this, but the exclamation point is we are getting under the threshold next year,” Cashman said. “[Greg] Bird is our first baseman moving forward because obviously we believe in him and also because of the cost control. The most important factor is if Bird is worthy enough to be our first baseman and our answer is yes.”

We only need to upgrade he manager. This team is ready to rock, especially if we get Otani