Register now to remove this ad

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 77

Thread: ALDS Roster and Discussion

  1. #16
    I don't like Barnes there. Maddox on the other hand has pitch better.

    Will there be a LOOGY at all?

  2. #17
    It would be a terrible mistake to include 5 starters on this roster.
    Fire Farrell - fucking check mark!
    Trade Pedroia
    Sign JD Martinez to play 1B/DH
    Sign Alex Cora for MGR

  3. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    It would be a terrible mistake to include 5 starters on this roster.
    Agreed. I've seen many people say all 5 starters should be on the roster. Porcello and Fister are both horrendous in the first inning, I would hate to see those guys coming out of the pen. Rodriguez might not be too bad, but they have much better bullpen options.

  4. #19
    The Sox playoffs starts tomorrow and this is it for threads? How about cancelling all the other discussions and starting fresh? This site needs some energy and relevance.

  5. #20
    Fister on the other hand has been effective against Houston. He is my nbr 3 starter in the Astros series.

  6. #21
    Fifth starter is usually left off unless heís a reliever who was stretched out to start. Fister or Porcello would be bad pen options anyway. Youíre gonna have to pick one

  7. #22
    I think Nunez should not be on the roster unless he is healthier than he was when he attempted to come back from his injury. But I'm not sure of the rules for replacing injured players in the postseason.

  8. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by devildavid View Post
    I think Nunez should not be on the roster unless he is healthier than he was when he attempted to come back from his injury. But I'm not sure of the rules for replacing injured players in the postseason.
    A player who becomes injured can be replaced on the roster, but is out not only for the remainder of the current series, but the next one as well.
    The Yankees could go 0-162 and it wouldn't be enough

  9. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    It would be a terrible mistake to include 5 starters on this roster.
    You could be right. I did so for two reasons: 1) i don't think Farrell has yet made up his mind about the 4th starter and maybe wants the Astros manager to be in the dark as well; 2) six relievers should be enough and can't think of anyone left out worth putting on the ALDS roster. I am, for example, a fan of neither Abad nor Scott.

  10. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    Fifth starter is usually left off unless he’s a reliever who was stretched out to start. Fister or Porcello would be bad pen options anyway. You’re gonna have to pick one
    I don't have to pick anyone. Farrell does. I personally would go with Sale, Pom, ERod, and Fister, but it's hard to leave off a $20M starter.

  11. #26
    I just checked the WEEI and CBS versions, and they both mostly agree with me--all five starters, same position players, plus five of the same relievers but Scott instead of Barnes for #6. I'm not saying I'm right, only that I might be.

  12. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by illinoisredsox View Post
    A player who becomes injured can be replaced on the roster, but is out not only for the remainder of the current series, but the next one as well.
    Well I guess it is worth the risk to include Nunez on the ALDS roster.

  13. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by georom4 View Post
    The Sox playoffs starts tomorrow and this is it for threads? How about cancelling all the other discussions and starting fresh? This site needs some energy and relevance.
    Says the guy with 51 posts.
    Fire Farrell - fucking check mark!
    Trade Pedroia
    Sign JD Martinez to play 1B/DH
    Sign Alex Cora for MGR

  14. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxbialystock View Post
    I just checked the WEEI and CBS versions, and they both mostly agree with me--all five starters, same position players, plus five of the same relievers but Scott instead of Barnes for #6. I'm not saying I'm right, only that I might be.
    WEEI - Rob Bradford is a dope

    CBS - Dan Roche said it was ERod OR Porcello

    Even if you're "right" in picking who Farrell grabs, it's the "wrong" decision.
    Fire Farrell - fucking check mark!
    Trade Pedroia
    Sign JD Martinez to play 1B/DH
    Sign Alex Cora for MGR

  15. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by georom4 View Post
    The Sox playoffs starts tomorrow and this is it for threads? How about cancelling all the other discussions and starting fresh? This site needs some energy and relevance.
    The real ALDS slide was started by a Yankees fan. Good to see your name.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •